Typow

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking into a cover that can be easily removed, the Lomax looks like the best choice. Although now I am realizing any cover would block the use of a Yakima ladder rack system, Bummer. Upon further research, truck covers USA has a sliding system called the American Rack, that incorporates the ladder system. Not to mention how Bad Grass it looks!

rack-system-gallery-08.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I am looking into a cover that can be easily removed, the Lomax looks like the best choice. Although now I am realizing any cover would block the use of a Yakima ladder rack system, Bummer. Upon further research, truck covers USA has a sliding system called the American Rack, that incorporates the ladder system. Not to mention how Bad Grass it looks!
It’s as expensive as hell though!

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

KingsPoint75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
I installed the Agricover Lomax Professional with the diamond pattern aluminum exterior. The extra reinforcement bar in each panel makes it more sturdy in my opinion. It hasn't leaked sitting in my driveway during a rain storm. Haven't driven it in a rain. The tailgate closed easily with the cover closed. I've had Pace roll ups (in a box that takes up too much bed), as well as the plasticized canvas and bow flop in the breeze models. This one is more satisfying. The first thing my wife asked was about the very shiny aluminum reflecting into the cab. I haven't noticed it yet. It lies below the rear window and is barely noticeable in the rear view mirror. Invisible in the side mirrors. If it does bother me, I'll eventually take it off, mask it and paint a flag on it. I figure that as is, it's going to keep the bed cooler than the black Ford bed spray would.

Install with one person is possible. The spring clamps would be a real help, as would being young enough to lay down in the bed. An extra person would be ideal. The directions are fairly clear though the pictures are poorly lit and there are not sufficient views. Placement of the clamps is fiddly, as the lips under the rails are multi-layer and the shims are awkward to set. The clamps probably shouldn't be pushed all the way to the upper end of the lip on the inside. They may clamp a bit easier if they are lower on the rail.

There are two filler blocks which go on the outboard ends of the front cross-bed railing (front wall of the bed). There is a gasket which covers the rail between them. [....}gggggggggg[...] The gasket may gap a bit [...]here gggg and here [...] when you cut it. I haven't noticed any leaks over a drop or two. If it is worse in a storm when driving, I'll put silicone sealant at those two locations, let it dry and it will be fine.

There are three big panels and a very short panel that serves to cover the rear of the join when they are all folded

____________ ___ ____________ ____________ so you get (PU rear)

Only possible downside I've seen is there isn't a second set of latches in the middle.
1 2 3
____________ ___ ____________ ____________ (tail gate)
Latch here / none /\ here \ latch here

I didn't see any flex on the road so it may not be an issue.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
I installed the Agricover Lomax Professional with the diamond pattern aluminum exterior. The extra reinforcement bar in each panel makes it more sturdy in my opinion. It hasn't leaked sitting in my driveway during a rain storm. Haven't driven it in a rain. The tailgate closed easily with the cover closed. I've had Pace roll ups (in a box that takes up too much bed), as well as the plasticized canvas and bow flop in the breeze models. This one is more satisfying. The first thing my wife asked was about the very shiny aluminum reflecting into the cab. I haven't noticed it yet. It lies below the rear window and is barely noticeable in the rear view mirror. Invisible in the side mirrors. If it does bother me, I'll eventually take it off, mask it and paint a flag on it. I figure that as is, it's going to keep the bed cooler than the black Ford bed spray would.

Install with one person is possible. The spring clamps would be a real help, as would being young enough to lay down in the bed. An extra person would be ideal. The directions are fairly clear though the pictures are poorly lit and there are not sufficient views. Placement of the clamps is fiddly, as the lips under the rails are multi-layer and the shims are awkward to set. The clamps probably shouldn't be pushed all the way to the upper end of the lip on the inside. They may clamp a bit easier if they are lower on the rail.

There are two filler blocks which go on the outboard ends of the front cross-bed railing (front wall of the bed). There is a gasket which covers the rail between them. [....}gggggggggg[...] The gasket may gap a bit [...]here gggg and here [...] when you cut it. I haven't noticed any leaks over a drop or two. If it is worse in a storm when driving, I'll put silicone sealant at those two locations, let it dry and it will be fine.

There are three big panels and a very short panel that serves to cover the rear of the join when they are all folded

____________ ___ ____________ ____________ so you get (PU rear)

Only possible downside I've seen is there isn't a second set of latches in the middle.
1 2 3
____________ ___ ____________ ____________ (tail gate)
Latch here / none /\ here \ latch here

I didn't see any flex on the road so it may not be an issue.
Need some pics of your diamond cover. I went with the black and really like it. I also see no need for more latches.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Just ordered a Gator FX from Gator/RealTruck. If you chat with them you can get a discount.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered a Gator FX from Gator/RealTruck. If you chat with them you can get a discount.
I got the gator efx and I love it! chatted with them and got the discount as well

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
This is the Agricover Professional Aluminum on the 5' bed and the Weathertech flaps front and back.

tonneau.jpg
That diamond-plate looks great with the chrome on your truck :like:. I got the regular, black Lomax and love it; I agree with you on those shims though...awkward as hell. I didn't even think about lowering the clamps a bit to see if it made install easier. I may have to make that adjustment since it looks like one of my rails isn't sitting quite right anyway - have to hold it up a bit to secure the cover after only a couple of weeks on the truck.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
5EACE47B-E438-4D7F-941B-F4A6FA400B2D.jpeg
D17F6240-8F2D-47ED-AC68-CCB65E0FA2BC.jpeg
Got my Gator FX today and installed it myself in a couple of hours.

IngotSTX

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX FX4 Supercab
Beware of sharp edges on you Lomax covers. I just did this by sliding mine across the tailgate:

29RJi8TrnoHSkFJrVCmE2m_jzi9b-ETGV5H3WMjuUQXO4WP4QP-rKrgZJQ--8QbxyFKnbghO0cWIwIMpDkU=w723-h963-no.jpg

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Beware of sharp edges on you Lomax covers. I just did this by sliding mine across the tailgate:

29RJi8TrnoHSkFJrVCmE2m_jzi9b-ETGV5H3WMjuUQXO4WP4QP-rKrgZJQ--8QbxyFKnbghO0cWIwIMpDkU=w723-h963-no.jpg
Well, damn! Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to make sure I'm careful in the future.

BZAMORA13

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Do the Gator EFX covers fold up near the rear window to allow room for bikes or larger items in the truck or is there always a fold that stays down? If it doesnt fold up and out of the way is it easy to remove and put back on? If not are there alternatives that do this? Thanks!!!!
Sponsored