Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Can you please elaborate what your problem was and what you were feeling. Your plunger was stuck, lack of oil, what? Thanks
To me the truck just didn't feel like it was performing as well as when I had first put the dv+ on. So when I took it apart to see what was going on to me it seems like lack of oil was the issue. Guess I'll be changing it out more frequently. Just not going to lose a plunger next time!
Sponsored

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
To me the truck just didn't feel like it was performing as well as when I had first put the dv+ on. So when I took it apart to see what was going on to me it seems like lack of oil was the issue. Guess I'll be changing it out more frequently. Just not going to lose a plunger next time!
Do you see any issue with the plastic threads stripping out in the future from removing it to check it and re-installing? Ive got one sitting here in the box just haven’t installed it yet.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Do you see any issue with the plastic threads stripping out in the future from removing it to check it and re-installing? Ive got one sitting here in the box just haven’t installed it yet.
No I don't forsee any issues with that, seems pretty good as long as you're careful, at least I hope not!

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Mine has been on my Fusion for over 10,000 miles and over 5500 miles on the Ranger and never had an issue. I lubed it with Mobil 1 during install. Did the same on the same on the Ranger.

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Well I took apart the dv+ today to see if it needed some more oil since it was feeling a bit weird. My ignorance forgot there is a plunger inside when you pull it apart...so it was stuck together, gave it a small yank and Bam everything flew apart all over the engine bay. Luckily I found mostly everything besides the diverter plunger...took everything possible apart that I need how to, to try and locate it to no avail after several hours. Ordered a new factory valve entirely just for a plunger...what a day.
:curse:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well I took apart the dv+ today to see if it needed some more oil since it was feeling a bit weird. My ignorance forgot there is a plunger inside when you pull it apart...so it was stuck together, gave it a small yank and Bam everything flew apart all over the engine bay. Luckily I found mostly everything besides the diverter plunger...took everything possible apart that I need how to, to try and locate it to no avail after several hours. Ordered a new factory valve entirely just for a plunger...what a day.
Hi,

I hate when that happens!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Col. Retired

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been on my Fusion for over 10,000 miles and over 5500 miles on the Ranger and never had an issue. I lubed it with Mobil 1 during install. Did the same on the same on the Ranger.
Reason I asked was because Panda told me there’s some maintenance with this item:

If its not a daily driver- check annually for sticking.
If it’s a daily driver check every 12-15k miles for sticking.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I hate when that happens!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Col. Retired
Yep! Turns out if I put it all back together without the plunger, cautiously drive around my driveway do a few slow k turns and some quick braking the little thing fell out of the engine bay! So now to return that factory valve and get on with it. Phew...

JimiFuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I decided to order today, hoping it will help we the "slow and go" traffic. That's when I notice the lag the most.

Mauro O

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I saw that panda works offers a VTA valve on their website that includes the blow off sound but keeps the performance. I already have the DV and was wondering how the VTA works and if you can purchase the just the VTA if you already have the DV or is it a whole new set up?

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport • 2015 Audi S3 • 2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR • 2005 Lancer Evolution VIII MR
Occupation
Learning Technology Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance of that RANGER10 discount coming back sometime soon @PandaMotorworks? Itching to pull the trigger on the DV+ VTA.

03svt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2013 Raptor supercab
New to the Ranger world my second post lol but I'm just starting to dive into this thing and I do want !! @PandaMotorworks what he said ^^^

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
I won't be ordering my Ranger until this winter, but I have been following this upgrade (and others) for a while.
Seeing that the piston might need re-oiling on occasion, I will be installing heli-coils in the plastic base that the 3 screws
screw into.
EDIT: On second thought, I am not impressed that the manufacturer cannot supply longer OEM type screws, especially for the purchase cost of this item.

Last edited:

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport • 2015 Audi S3 • 2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR • 2005 Lancer Evolution VIII MR
Occupation
Learning Technology Designer
Vehicle Showcase