Pedal Commander installed....Whoa!

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
How is this not traceable when ford services the vehicle even if removed before bringing in? Would the ECU still show some type of indication? Not suggesting your wrong just really curious and if really untraceable I may be will you give it a go.
Why would it matter? Simply installing anything aftermarket on your vehicle does not void the warranty and whoever tells you that is lying to you or isn't fully educated on how the system actually works. Firstly, and probably most importantly, the manufacturer determines what does and does not void a warranty, not your dealer. Dealers capitalize on the lie present in the industry that installing aftermarket parts voids your warranty...again, it does not. They don't want to change this narrative because honestly, warranty jobs don't pay the dealers back well and are generally more trouble than they're worth. Secondly, The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act puts the burden of proof of the failure on the vehicle manufacturer, not you. Just because you install a tune (or anything else aftermarket) doesn't mean you've voided a warranty. There's nothing to hide either. If something were to occur, and you take it in to the dealer, they'd have to prove that what you modified directly caused the failure. It's been this way since 1975 and yet people still think the opposite due to all the misinformation out there.

Feel free to read up on it. Here are some short explanations...

https://www.autoanything.com/resources/magnuson-moss-warranty-act-explained/

https://www.autocare.org/government-affairs/issues/magnuson-moss-warranty-act/
Sponsored

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely intrigued by this now. So everyone using one of these likes them so far?

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn't I achieve the same results just by depressing the gas pedal further? From what I gather these throttle controllers do not actually speed up the signal to the ECU, but merely increase the voltage as if the pedal was being depressed greater than actual.

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
Couldn't I achieve the same results just by depressing the gas pedal further? From what I gather these throttle controllers do not actually speed up the signal to the ECU, but merely increase the voltage as if the pedal was being depressed greater than actual.
These throttle controllers not only boost the signal according to the mode selected, but they also make the signal more linear, more like the direct control you would have with a throttle cable.
That being said, in my research i am preferring the "Sprint Booster" because I would prefer to have a detachable module that can be removed from the unit once a program is selected.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Sounds like a pretty cool product. If the throttle was more sensitive stock I would get it to make it more linear. But I feel stock and sport mode work just fine. I’ll just give it more gas if I want to go faster lol

Oradank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
After having it installed for about 3 weeks I can still say I definitely recommend this thing, the only real downside is mpg will go down pretty bad. lol but I have it on sport+ setting at -2 most the time, it really just makes the truck more responsive. It is exactly as if you floor the gas completely but more instant, you don't have that 3 second gap of pushing down all the way and waiting for the computer to respond and transmission to downshift, once you push down itll downshift quick and start going. Turning corners was pretty hard at first cause the sensitivity made it wana break traction and I wasnt use to lightly pushing the gas yet, but that's just cause I have it in sport +, city mode is probably the normal one to use. The tires chirp now at the beginning of 1st and 2nd gear if I try and smash which is pretty cool also haha freeway driving is way more lively too, I use to have trouble switching lanes because the response would just lag now I merge in and continue with the flow of traffic easily and pass up cars pretty easily too

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Serious question though...at $299, your over half way to a tuner. Wouldn't a good tune be better?
Yeah, this isn't even close to being a tune. This simply changes throttle voltage based on pedal percentage. You get no actual performance out of this mod.

03svt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2013 Raptor supercab
I can say this much, I've had a pedal commander in my older truck for a few years now and I only use it when I'm on the beach. Even with a tune and 35's on that thing this device really shines in 4 wheel; it livens up the throttle in off road mode and puts it right into the power band. I'm new to the Ranger, its power platform and terrain selections, tuning etc however the same or have yet been in soft sand with it but there are some applications where this thing will come in handy.

It should not be compared to a tune, but either by itself or coupled with one it can be fun.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I got one for Black Friday and tested it tonight; wow! In Sport+ that thing absolutely HAULS. I thought I was in Sport+ early on with sad results, but realized it was only City.

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
To those still interested in a throttle controller, I just became aware of a very good unit that is much more cost effective than most.
it is made by Burger Motor Sports an it is their Pedal Tuner and sells for $179.00

https://www.burgertuning.com/collections/universal/products/bms-pedal-tuner?variant=16446103027827

Burger Motor Sports is very well known in the BMW and VW world, and offers tuning modules for turbo equipped cars and now
is working on one for our Ranger. There is a discussion about this tuning module in this same section on the forum.

Mmmmmnachos

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
To the original poster, any further opinions on this device after having it for a few months now?

I had one on my JK jeep and it was a must have product. I removed it when I traded my jeep in and driving it without it was very depressing. The jeep was a dog but at least with the pedal commander it actually would move when I wanted it to. I wouldn't own another jeep without one. Not so sure its going to be a drastic upgrade for my Ranger but I'm definitely curious after having owned one before.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I also had one on my 2017 Wrangler and fully agree, it was a must have there.

But to me, when the Ranger is in Sport mode it is already more responsive than the setting I used with the PC on my Jeep.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I just installed mine the other day, glad someone else is trying it also. This thing is crazy haha def. worth the buy, also planning to pair with a tune
The only thing keeping me from buying one of these is if a tune can do the same thing. I wouldnt want to buy it then get the tuner and find out the tune does the same thing. Keep it posted and let us know your findings :like:
Sponsored