Do your defrosters and heated seats come on with FordPass App Remote Start?

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
I'm pretty positive my front / rear defrosters as well as my heated seats used to come on when I remotely started my Ranger via the FordPass app. However, the last two mornings, they have not come on with the remote start. I can't find any options to change this anywhere in the Sync menus or FordPass app menus.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Mine do, there's a remote start setting in the dash computer that says Auto or Last State. I have mine set to Auto, it's cold in Michigan, so they are always on full blast when I remote start it.

OP
OP
JDCinVA

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine do, there's a remote start setting in the dash computer that says Auto or Last State. I have mine set to Auto, it's cold in Michigan, so they are always on full blast when I remote start it.
Thanks; do you remember where the setting is? I can't find it. Also, do you have the remote start option? I don't have the remote start / key fob option, just the ability to do it via the FordPass app. I wonder if that is why I can't find the option.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
From page 114 from the owner’s manual.
The climate control system adjusts the
interior temperature during remote start.

You can switch this feature on or off and
adjust the settings using the information
display controls. See Information
Displays (page 87).
Automatic Settings

If Auto is on, the system sets the interior
temperature to 72°F (22°C) and heats or
cools the vehicle interior as required to
achieve comfort.

Note: In cold weather, the heated rear
window and heated mirrors turn on.

Last Settings

If Last Settings is on, the system uses the
settings last selected before you turned
off the vehicle.

Heated and Cooled Features

In Auto mode, certain heated features may
switch on during cold weather, and cooled
features during hot weather

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Thanks; do you remember where the setting is? I can't find it. Also, do you have the remote start option? I don't have the remote start / key fob option, just the ability to do it via the FordPass app. I wonder if that is why I can't find the option.
I have both the remote starter, and the app, both turn on the heat. I know it was under vehicle settings in the little screen that you access via the steering wheel controls, but I can't recall what exact menu.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
IIRC it is under Settings -> Vehicle -> Remote Start -> Climate -> then select Auto

OP
OP
JDCinVA

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. I found the setting on the left-side information display. When I get to the remote start section, I can only enable / disable remote start (by checking a "System" box) and set the remote start time. Those are the only two options I have. I guess it's because I don't have the full factory remote start option.

Maybe the seats / defroster didn't come on the last two times because it wasn't cold enough (though it was below freezing). Supposed to be 15 degrees here tomorrow morning, so I'll see what happens!

Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Thanks guys. I found the setting on the left-side information display. When I get to the remote start section, I can only enable / disable remote start (by checking a "System" box) and set the remote start time. Those are the only two options I have. I guess it's because I don't have the full factory remote start option.

Maybe the seats / defroster didn't come on the last two times because it wasn't cold enough (though it was below freezing). Supposed to be 15 degrees here tomorrow morning, so I'll see what happens!
Have you found any answers to this? I cannot find a last setting option anywhere.

OP
OP
JDCinVA

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you found any answers to this? I cannot find a last setting option anywhere.
I added the remote start climate control settings using a friend's Forscan. Now I can set it to have the A/C come on when I start with the app. Hopefully it works in the winter for the heat too.

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
I have found that the heated seat, defrost etc will come on when you remote start but the dash lights are not illuminated until I press the start button to fully start the car. Once I do that then everything that was automatically turned on will light up. I questioned it as well but got in to a nice warm seat but saw the heated seat lights were not on until I started fully.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I have found that the heated seat, defrost etc will come on when you remote start but the dash lights are not illuminated until I press the start button to fully start the car. Once I do that then everything that was automatically turned on will light up. I questioned it as well but got in to a nice warm seat but saw the heated seat lights were not on until I started fully.
So even though they aren’t lit up, both are working as soon as the truck starts? I’ve noticed they light up after I hit the start button but I haven’t used the remote start long enough before going out to have the seats fully warm to notice.

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
So even though they aren’t lit up, both are working as soon as the truck starts? I’ve noticed they light up after I hit the start button but I haven’t used the remote start long enough before going out to have the seats fully warm to notice.
That is exactly it. They are not lit up but working. I was the same. Start the car with the remote but only a couple mins. I used the app had 10 mins since start and indeed all the things that lit up after starting were fully on.
Sponsored