SEMA BUILD lots of new parts

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
So on top of our silver Ranger we have already built we're in the process of slamming together another ranger that will be at the show.. This will be one of the more extreme ranger builds to date and I'll start posting some good stuff over the next couple of weeks for you all to enjoy... For now we'll start with the suspension

Icon Vehicle Dynamics Suspension system

Front: Billet upper arms with 2.5 adjustable coilovers up front and 2.5" secondary shocks... The secondary stuff isn't on yet... The finned reservoirs turned out amazing..

Rear: 2.5" Adjustable Shocks with finned reservoirs and Icon RXT leafs... These are set at option 3 as we're going to be adding some weight here soon....

Stay tuned Friday has some exciting updates..

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Looks like a similar one to the prototype leaf pack Hoonigan was jumping in this video!
Hurt some Ranger feelings in there... Guess next time I see a gladiator on the side of the road I wont feel as bad.. hah

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Hurt some Ranger feelings in there... Guess next time I see a gladiator on the side of the road I wont feel as bad.. hah
Lol I feel that they really were not a fan unfortunately....but they aren't using it as a daily driver compared! Which definitely is a ranger win

OP
OP
dangeranger

dangeranger

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4 runner , 1999, XJ, 1999 Audi S4, 1996 f150 prerunner, 1984 Audi UR Quattro
Installed the Ford Performance By Borla Catback exhaust...it's a little louder on startup... The butt Dyno Confirms a 5HP increase... Nice tone, much louder on startup but not obnoxious when driving... Great quality stainless... Installed in minutes.. Just take the rear hanger off and then everything is a breeze from there.

IMG_2269.JPEG

IMG_2270.JPEG

IMG_2271.JPEG

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I meant about lack of innovation...lots of me too stuff and I get that but...
With the $1,200 tail lights and $1,000(?) head lights (for LED) you would think someone would see an opportunity there. I tried to wrap my tail lights in PPF but was unable to get it to mold to all the curves correctly and gave up. I do have PPF on my headlights however for some measure of protection. I would REALLY like something better, however.

If I had the skills to do the 3D design and printing I'd try and do it myself, but I don't. But maybe it is something I should explore and learn about. It sounds really interesting. There are maker shops in the area that have 3D printers that I could probably use I'm guessing if I were able to create a model.

Does anyone know if there are existing 3D models for the truck that could be used? Or would it need to be 3D scanned in order to create something?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
With the $1,200 tail lights and $1,000(?) head lights (for LED) you would think someone would see an opportunity there. I tried to wrap my tail lights in PPF but was unable to get it to mold to all the curves correctly and gave up. I do have PPF on my headlights however for some measure of protection. I would REALLY like something better, however.

If I had the skills to do the 3D design and printing I'd try and do it myself, but I don't. But maybe it is something I should explore and learn about. It sounds really interesting. There are maker shops in the area that have 3D printers that I could probably use I'm guessing if I were able to create a model.

Does anyone know if there are existing 3D models for the truck that could be used? Or would it need to be 3D scanned in order to create something?
My day job is 3D design but my missing link is the scanner or scan. If only I can get hold of SEMA garage's Ford Ranger data. My other source would be to use the scanner at work off hours but that's a PIA. Designing it to scan would take literally an hour or less and there are plenty of prototyping outlets out there to do the rest...

Here's an old example of a Porsche headlamp I did for a friend many years ago...it was build around scan data and then a limited run was made for his club...
420822_aLu0MoQ5FMLooeokPuAXfZAp0.jpg

Here's a complete car designed/built over C6 chassis data...anything is possible with real world data as foundation...
420822_mww3_eoyz4be748g8v3mtgssi.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: