Installed Black Elite Dual Split Exhaust System (Gibson)

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
I initially ordered an AFE Rebel exhaust... needless to say I ended up returning that for what I would call safety concerns. This led me to find that Gibson had a system that was in my price range and as II had installed one of their exhausts on a 2003 Ranger years ago and was very happy with the overall quality.

As I began looking for new solution in the same price range as the AFE I found a Gibson Black Elite Dual Split Exhaust System. https://gibsonperformance.com/i-23266812-black-elite-dual-split-exhaust-system-stainless-69550b.html. I was able to find a system for under $600 shipped. I was able to install the new exhaust on my truck and while I have some direct feedback for gibson all in all it was a relatively straight forward install and took me about two hours with out me putting on a lift.

The sound is far better now and the truck is a bit more responsive and much lighter now and for the cost this was an excellent upgrade. As this is a daily driver and my run out to the desert todo some shooting I am not looking to build a race truck..... I have a Stage 2 Audi A4 that is my go to fun run car. So Dropping in a 1K+ exhaust system was not an option.

I will be adding upgrades such as an Intercooler and tuning, depending on the costs and overall actual gains. I will try to get a video of the installed exhaust in the next day or two. .
Sponsored

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
I initially ordered an AFE Rebel exhaust... needless to say I ended up returning that for what I would call safety concerns. This led me to find that Gibson had a system that was in my price range and as II had installed one of their exhausts on a 2003 Ranger years ago and was very happy with the overall quality.

As I began looking for new solution in the same price range as the AFE I found a Gibson Black Elite Dual Split Exhaust System. https://gibsonperformance.com/i-23266812-black-elite-dual-split-exhaust-system-stainless-69550b.html. I was able to find a system for under $600 shipped. I was able to install the new exhaust on my truck and while I have some direct feedback for gibson all in all it was a relatively straight forward install and took me about two hours with out me putting on a lift.

The sound is far better now and the truck is a bit more responsive and much lighter now and for the cost this was an excellent upgrade. As this is a daily driver and my run out to the desert todo some shooting I am not looking to build a race truck..... I have a Stage 2 Audi A4 that is my go to fun run car. So Dropping in a 1K+ exhaust system was not an option.

I will be adding upgrades such as an Intercooler and tuning, depending on the costs and overall actual gains. I will try to get a video of the installed exhaust in the next day or two. .

Are you still happy with the Gibson setup?

OP
OP
archangelkoch.308
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you still happy with the Gibson setup?
I am, in all reality an exhaust system upgrade is more for the sound vs. actual gains. If you are wanting performance upgrades from an exhaust it will require a high flow cat.

i put one on my Audi A4 and it was noticeable, the real gains came from a tuner that took the time to log and build a file that took advantage of then higher flowing cat. I hope the tuner for this platform can deliver one soon.

To your question, Yes, and I would do it again.!!!

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
I am, in all reality an exhaust system upgrade is more for the sound vs. actual gains. If you are wanting performance upgrades from an exhaust it will require a high flow cat.

i put one on my Audi A4 and it was noticeable, the real gains came from a tuner that took the time to log and build a file that took advantage of then higher flowing cat. I hope the tuner for this platform can deliver one soon.

To your question, Yes, and I would do it again.!!!

Hey Rodney love the set up. How close does the driver side pipe run to the spare? I am looking at the Gibson split system too, but with so little room to snake that driver side pipe by the rear axle and spare it seems like that's a potential concern.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
There are some decent pix of the driver's side near the spare in the installation instructions: https://gibsonperformance.com/pdf/339490

I was really happy with a single Gibson exhaust on another truck. Are there any sound clips of this split dual setup? Looks great installed.

OP
OP
archangelkoch.308
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
care to expand on the perceived safety concerns?
I was worried that my little guys... and I mean little could get burned when not paying attention when getting out of or into the truck. It was just an uneasy feeling as I mocked up the exhaust.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
I see, the aFe Rebel exits in front of the tire. I had to find a picture to see what you meant. With small kids that would be a concern. I would also worry about kids stepping on it. Looking forward to a video or sound clip of the Gibson.

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I was worried that my little guys... and I mean little could get burned when not paying attention when getting out of or into the truck. It was just an uneasy feeling as I mocked up the exhaust.
ahh that makes sense. i thought you were implying that it was dangerous for the truck or something. i have a 4 year old and i can totally see what you mean.

this might be my only option once i lower mine since im not sure that there will be enough room over the rear axle for exhaust. hmmm...

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed and hot damn does it make a difference in the appearance, sound and performance. The factory tailpipe just seemed like such an after-thought for Ford. How do you make such a gorgeous truck and decide "Yeah, that piece of jagged pipe looks great with the rest of the truck"

Problem solved.

IMG_3109.jpg
Sponsored