New guy. Need ranger owners opinions on the rough country 2.5 kits

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I have their 3.5” kit installed (3000k) and have ran 285/55/20 wheels since then. The ride quality is unaltered and I can’t speak for the MPG change from stock as I had it installed pre-delivery. I can say that on Fuelly I am averaging 20mpg with a 60% HWY per tank.

One issue that I have and I don’t think it’s RC’s fault, is that my D/S rear sits a 1/2” lower than the other corner.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4, chrome pckg, tow pck.
Night pics.

Only getting around 17 to 18mpg at the moment.

20191014_203121.jpg

20191014_203008.jpg

OP
OP

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What were you getting pre-level?
The level and wheel pkg was dealer installed so I am right out the gate modded w no baseline.

I did notice improvement .

The first 250 miles I got 14.7mpg (but some of that included Atlanta stop n go traffic)

The second 250 miles I got 16.7mpg (and that included quite a bit of driving up mountains from Augusta GA to Nashville TN.

I suspect I'll get 22+ on the way down Friday.

I've been told repeatedly not to look too closely at mpg until the first 1,000 are broke in on a new engine.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
The level and wheel pkg was dealer installed so I am right out the gate modded w no baseline.

I did notice improvement .

The first 250 miles I got 14.7mpg (but some of that included Atlanta stop n go traffic)

The second 250 miles I got 16.7mpg (and that included quite a bit of driving up mountains from Augusta GA to Nashville TN.

I suspect I'll get 22+ on the way down Friday.

I've been told repeatedly not to look too closely at mpg until the first 1,000 are broke in on a new engine.
For sure, it definitely gets better. Did they adjust your speedometer/odometer for the larger tires?

OP
OP

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For sure, it definitely gets better. Did they adjust your speedometer/odometer for the larger tires?
I don't think they even adjusted the headlights properly.

Gonna have to have that checked.

If the lights are off I am going to use that to force them to put the tires on a balancer

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I don't think they even adjusted the headlights properly.

Gonna have to have that checked.

If the lights are off I am going to use that to force them to put the tires on a balancer
Get it checked for sure. If the speedometer/odometer hasn’t been adjusted your fuel mileage is actually slightly better than it’s showing too.

OP
OP

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get it checked for sure. If the speedometer/odometer hasn’t been adjusted your fuel mileage is actually slightly better than it’s showing too.
Sunday I spot checked it and found it to be reading 1mpg lower than actual. Truck said 16 and I calculated it at 17. I was driving pretty hard UP hill most of the day Sunday.

I estimate the speed to be reading 1 to 3 mph below actual as well.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I installed my icon suspension then went to 4 wheel parts to get alignment. They asked what kind of lift I had and when I told them they said phew, glad it’s not another rough country lift. Their opinion was that their hardware and welds are garbage. Ymmv...
Sponsored