Ranger Gets Ford Performance Parts Leveling Kits with Coil-overs & Fox Shocks

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
Hi Robert,

Pretty clear to me that they do not want to do the work...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I am going to see a dealer in NY to get a price. This same dealer quoted me two hours to install running board...
Hi Robert,

Pretty clear to me that they do not want to do the work...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, A dealer in NY wanted to charge $300.00 to install factory running boards. On a lift it would take 10 minutes to do that job.
I am going to get a quote from this dealer for this suspension kit. I think dealers are overpriced. I know they have overhead . Some would say they are a ripoff. I am interested in doing this only if it improves the ride. Like others have mentioned about dampening the bounce on-road.. I don’t see anything in writing that claims it will. I will wait on this. Probably use a non dealer if anything...
Sponsored

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
From what I was told by a dealer was that it’s not available until 10/19

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Any news on the fox lift yet? I'm dying to see what it looks like!
Hey, Tod, I went to my Ford dealer on Friday and paid 1,495.00 at their Parts window to order the kit (labor not included). The guy I talked to did not give me a precise date but said more generally that it would arrive in about two weeks. I'm dying to see what it looks like, too, and you can bet that I will be getting it done just as soon as the parts arrive--and will post a review with pics right after that!

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hey, Tod, I went to my Ford dealer on Friday and paid 1,495.00 at their Parts window to order the kit (labor not included). The guy I talked to did not give me a precise date but said more generally that it would arrive in about two weeks. I'm dying to see what it looks like, too, and you can bet that I will be getting it done just as soon as the parts arrive--and will post a review with pics right after that!
You know it is great Ford offers this.
I am not aware of any other truck manufacturer offering something like this.. There could be I just am not aware of any.

I am assuming if installed by Ford it would keep from voiding any warranty issues that after market can.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
You know it is great Ford offers this.
I am not aware of any other truck manufacturer offering something like this.. There could be I just am not aware of any.

I am assuming if installed by Ford it would keep from voiding any warranty issues that after market can.
Yes, if you go through Ford, not only does it not void the existing warranties, but they will guarantee parts and labor of the kit as well. That was a major factor in my choosing to go with Ford's version of Fox instead of one of the many available aftermarket solutions. I am also more comfortable with a two-inch level, which will have only a limited impact on the vehicle's geometry. Anyway, it is just my personal preference, but I like the look of trucks with a slight forward rake and did not want to go any higher.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Yes, if you go through Ford, not only does it not void the existing warranties, but they will guarantee parts and labor of the kit as well. That was a major factor in my choosing to go with Ford's version of Fox instead of one of the many available aftermarket solutions. I am also more comfortable with a two-inch level, which will have only a limited impact on the vehicle's geometry. Anyway, it is just my personal preference, but I like the look of trucks with a slight forward rake and did not want to go any higher.
Yea me to, about 2 inch is about right on these mid-sized. I like a little forward rake too....

Tod Riecher

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger lariat
Occupation
Retired Lineman
I just got a email from my dealership saying that their cost for installation and alignment is $450 on the fox kit.
I'm definitely saving this quote!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I just got a email from my dealership saying that their cost for installation and alignment is $450 on the fox kit.
I'm definitely saving this quote!
That sounds very reasonable, especially compared to what some others have been quoted!

petulantskeptic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat
My local shop charged me $242 for the labor to install the Fox fronts and $36.30 to do the Fox rears. Alignment afterward was $121.