Easy Auto Start / Stop eliminator

TX-Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab 2wd Lightning Blue/302A package/trailer tow/spray in bedliner

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought it today...will check it out this week

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Ok so I tried a few LED solutions. They all worked well..................................for awhile. Since they are failing, I'm gonna punt and use the console button,,,,,until someone else has one operating for a while. 100 miles maybe....
I noticed a setting in the pull down menu on my Lariat that switches off the auto stop/start. Unfortunately it reverts back to on when you cycle the ignition, just like the manual switch does. Since there is a pull down menu selection available, I am hoping Ford includes a driver selectable mode as part of a future software update.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I noticed a setting in the pull down menu on my Lariat that switches off the auto stop/start. Unfortunately it reverts back to on when you cycle the ignition, just like the manual switch does. Since there is a pull down menu selection available, I am hoping Ford includes a driver selectable mode as part of a future software update.
I would not expect a software update. If the start stop is non-latching (you have to select off each time the key cycled) the EPA fuel mileage is calculated with it on. If you can permanently disable it the EPA uses an average of on and off resulting in a reduced EPA mileage rating.

VolRanger24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Anyone still looking for a solution, I found a new one that 1) looks like it belongs, 2) makes your car smell alright, and 3) is cheap... Glade cigarette lighter air freshener. Have tested it and it works...

Comes in a few different scents... https://www.amazon.com/Glade-PlugIn...3RXYDXQK5H2&psc=1&refRID=Z4K05CN183RXYDXQK5H2
I thought only something that plugged into the 110 outlet would work? I currently have a dashcam and it's plugged into the 12v port and my start/stop is still functioning. Maybe it's not enough current...

VolRanger24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought only something that plugged into the 110 outlet would work? I currently have a dashcam and it's plugged into the 12v port and my start/stop is still functioning. Maybe it's not enough current...
Yea I dont know... I honestly wasnt expecting to work but it seems to be working having tested for a few short trips... I will update once I get a few more trips in...

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
I tried a 3 prong adapter that has indicator light when plugged in,it work for a minute but a little later it didnt,wonder why?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Please post more pictures of different night lights. This is entertaining :LOL: I got a good laugh at thinking someone coming into your truck and asking “hey man, why do you have a Spider-Man night light in your truck?” Quite comical but the nightlight is quite the cheap solution to the problem at hand.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Please post more pictures of different night lights. This is entertaining :LOL: I got a good laugh at thinking someone coming into your truck and asking “hey man, why do you have a Spider-Man night light in your truck?” Quite comical but the nightlight is quite the cheap solution to the problem at hand.

I'm trying to find someone to make me up one like this. I bet I could sell a bunch of them on here. lol ?

Dollar Sign.jpg

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I'm trying to find someone to make me up one like this. I bet I could sell a bunch of them on here. lol ?

Dollar Sign.jpg
If you don’t have the money in your wallet, it has to be shown on the truck where you spent it all. :LOL:

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
What else would work?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What else would work?
Anything that draws power from the 110V will shut the a/s/s down. Driving in S mode or running the ac will also disable it. A cheap LED nightlight is the easiest way and the power shuts down after 15-20 minutes once you shut the truck off.