Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
I do Facebook, Instagram, and the forum!!!! I do run into people who bash the new generation Rangers but I don't care what those people say i own a 2000, 2001 and 2019 Rangers. All 3 sites have been a big help to me for questions, etc.

20190305_125626.jpg
Sponsored

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Facebook pages hurt forums because they divert discussion and questions, meanwhile, providing a huge downgrade in utility compared to even the most basic web forum. And facebook owns the content and shows you more ads. **** facebook.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Facebook pages hurt forums because they divert discussion and questions, meanwhile, providing a huge downgrade in utility compared to even the most basic web forum. And facebook owns the content and shows you more ads. **** facebook.
This is so true. I'm part of a rather large club, and we've been seeing a serious decline in forum usage, a lot went to Facebook, and it seems the younger generation doesn't realize how much more versatile a forum is compared to FB, just look at the search options alone. And yes, like you mentioned, anything posted on FB, becomes FB's ownership, which is another huge concern for our club.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
All facebook wants is for us to buy and sell junk on facebook marketplace so they can collect a profit, not participate in meaningful technical information sharing. **** facebook.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks.

At launch of FB, my wife was ready to sign up...I was not in favor and as such we have never been, nor will we be on FB. Way too much danger of id theft, etc. FB is and was bad news IMHO. We will never participate. If new Ranger owners depend on FB, it is their loose. This forum is so much more informative. Call me old school, but FB is a quintessential POS. I do not care when my granddaughter took her first potty in her potty chair.....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retierd

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I tried to start one, posted a thread which was then deleted by the mods because I can't advertise any groups or social media apparently.

Any thoughts on getting a Facebook page for this group? There are numerous Tacoma pages, and I really only found 1 current gen. Ranger page that has very little activity :(

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
So, what is the difference between the FORD RANGER NATION and the Ford Ranger Nation facebook groups?
I mean beside the Capitalization, the number of members and the date on which they were created?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Probably nothing.
Sponsored