Pet Peeves

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Why do people need tailgate dampers? The tailgate weighs nothing in the first place so I don't understand the need to just drop it and furthermore, I sincerely doubt you'd throw open your side doors all the way every time you open them so what's the difference? It's just a gimmick to me.
Sponsored

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
I only have to pull mine once to get out so you might have installed it wrong. How are the other 3 doors?
Pulling the door handle two times to get out of my truck.

I guess if the door is locked you pull once to unlock it and a second time to open the door. Either that or I screwed up reinstalling my door latch when installing the auto window down module. I can't remember how it was before that. :crackup:
One pull here.... not sure why that might be happening?

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Auto-start stop
That damn double-honk when i get out of my running truck with my key in my pocket. Either give me a proper key and switch or stop annoying me when I use the convenience feature.
that can be resolved with forscan

bacon4bfast

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
Came across this one today -
The trail control system is great for slow road hunting in northern Minnesota but if I put the truck in reverse I would expect it to disable/go into standby mode.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

I guess if the door is locked you pull once to unlock it and a second time to open the door. Either that or I screwed up reinstalling my door latch when installing the auto window down module. I can't remember how it was before that. :crackup:
You're getting in a hurry. Touch the back of the handle, give it a second to get unlocked, THEN pull.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
1. 18 Gallon Gas Tank -- Seriously too small. Should be more like 26
2. The pinch welds on across the bottom of the truck. The spot welds catch the light on a sunny day... looks horrible
3. Lack of cooled seats and heated steering wheel (Stupid I know, but I had them on my RAM and I miss them)

All that being said I'm really enjoying my Ranger. This is my first small truck (had full sized trucks for 20+ years) and it's a real joy to drive

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Ron Heritage

First Name
Roniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
This one is a bit obscure, but peavey nonetheless. The ignition position where it starts is exactly 90 degrees opposite to my work van.

My daily driver is a 2019 Ford Transit Connect and when I pull out my key and press the button to flip out the physical key my wrist is at a comfortable position to slide the key in.
20191005_201254.jpg

But when I do the exact same with the Ranger key the ignition is at a different position and I have to turn my wrist back.
20191005_201332.jpg

I would think all Ford's would be the same across the board. Meh, first world problems, eh? Love my truck!

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase

I only have to pull the door handle one time in my XLT SuperCrew

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Lack of tailgate damper or power tailgate, my wife's T and C has 3 power doors, sheesh, and lack of power rear window, really is useless on the 4 door.

I just don't understand it I always open the tailgate with one hand might as well shoot for a automatic tailgate that way you can push a button and open and close it

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

TheLoneRider

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4, 2018 Escape Titanium, 2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Let me be clear, I am in LOVE with this truck. Looking forward to a decade of use out of her. But there are a few little things that annoy me. The window switch location is awkward being so far back. And the tail gate has a huge gap all the way around the edges I can almost stick my fingers through from inside the bed to outside with a bed cover on.

What are your little pet peeves?
Agree on the switch position!

First gripe I had, I’ll get used to it. Just different from my other cars. My arm seems to inadvertently hit the lock switch as well. And unlike the lock switch in most other cars I’ve had, when it is locked driver controls don’t work either. Usually it just locks the passengers controls.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Auto-start stop
That damn double-honk when i get out of my running truck with my key in my pocket. Either give me a proper key and switch or stop annoying me when I use the convenience feature.
You can fix the double honk with FORScan. I did.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Two relatively minor things:

1. If the sensors used by adaptive cruise become blocked by snow, the truck completely disables cruise control instead of automatically falling back to normal (non-adaptive) cruise control. You have to manually go through the menus to set it to normal.

2. After engaging 4WD, terrain mode is initially set to normal (no terrain mode set). if you select a terrain mode, and then set the terrain mode back to normal, it goes back to 2wd instead of just going back to 4WD with no terrain mode set.
Sponsored

Reactions: WCG