Don't Get Ripped Off When You Buy a Extended Warranty!

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I had lifetime powertrain ESP on my Jeep, which FCA no longer offers. The only repair I had on the Jeep was a $200 idler pulley that didn't qualify under the warranty. After just short of 6 years I traded it for the Ranger, I found out you can cancel an ESP and get refunded. I paid about $800 for it, they pro-rated the "lifetime" coverage to $150. That's insurance math for you.

As tempting as the Flood and Zeigler and other online factory ESP rates are, and the peace of mind of a factory warranty, this time I am realllly tempted to literally set aside $900 in a CD or something instead.
Sponsored

GrayGen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received Ranger September 19th. Hot Pepper Red Lariat 4x2. Locking rear axle 501 package Spray bedliner Bed extender & more
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Flood. I chose 7 year 0 deductible. In the day I would always decline warranties but I'm in my seventies now and the skills are there but the dexterity is not. I also included the lights and key fob for $140. More. I had to replace an headlight in my last car. $225 for the bulb. It's a lot of money but it won't take long to pay for itself. Sure it may not repay but for me it's peace of mind. About $1500. For hopefully no hassle 7years of coverage. Hell, I might be dead before 7 years but my wife will still have the coverage.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Personally, I would just put the money in the bank and take my chances. For someone who does want to buy a warranty, why wouldn’t you just wait until the initial bumper-to-bumper warranty is about to expire? I used to own a 2017 Mustang that unfortunately got rear-ended and totaled. Ford still thinks I own it and it is getting close to 3 years since I purchased it, so the initial warranty is about to expire. LOL, I am getting letters from Ford and the dealer I purchased the Mustang from about buying the ESP. I am sure the calls will be starting up pretty soon. With the effort they are putting into selling these things, they must be a real good deal for the seller.

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Wish I could take advantage of this in Florida.....
there’s ways around that ;) let me know if you haven’t and I’ll tell you how I got it from online as a Florida resident
Sponsored