Obscure/little things you love on the Ranger

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I love the lock/unlock on the outside of the rear doors. Makes it easy putting my daughter in her car seat without having to unlock at a front door before opening the back.
I agree, rear door lock is awesome!!!
Sponsored

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I love that there's no tailgate damper and that it slams down when you open it. :LOL:
Actually, I don't know why everyone is crazy about it not having one. I've owned 4 pick ups over the 20+ years, and never once thought I needed this.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I love that there's no tailgate damper and that it slams down when you open it. :LOL:
Actually, I don't know why everyone is crazy about it not having one. I've owned 4 pick ups over the 20+ years, and never once thought I needed this.

I agree I always open and lower the tailgate with one hand I can't understand the big deal. :inspect:

petulantskeptic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat
Random thing I found that's kind of neat: in the front middle cup holders (with the rubber footprint pulled out) there's a keyfob icon printed on the rear one. If you put the keyfob over it, it fits very snugly into the space and doesn't move about if you leave it there while driving. Not sure why you wouldn't leave the fob in your pocket, but it's kinda neat anyhow. It doesn't fit quite as snugly with the rubber footprint in place.

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
Random thing I found that's kind of neat: in the front middle cup holders (with the rubber footprint pulled out) there's a keyfob icon printed on the rear one. If you put the keyfob over it, it fits very snugly into the space and doesn't move about if you leave it there while driving. Not sure why you wouldn't leave the fob in your pocket, but it's kinda neat anyhow. It doesn't fit quite as snugly with the rubber footprint in place.
That is where you put the fob if the fob battery dies and you want to start the truck. It zaps it with mind reading rays and reads it even though it does not have power. Only on the push button start models though.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
That is where you put the fob if the fob battery dies and you want to start the truck. It zaps it with mind reading rays and reads it even though it does not have power. Only on the push button start models though.
I can’t tell if you’re being serious or joking. I now have to check my manual lol

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I can’t tell if you’re being serious or joking. I now have to check my manual lol
Glad I wasn't the only one. Truck is at dealer so can't check manual.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The prose was a bit florid, but the basic functionality is as described: there's some sort of near field chip in the fob that can be used as a backup mechanism to start the truck if the fob battery is dead.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Instead of the chip being powered by the battery, the truck uses a coil (think wireless battery charger for your iPhone) to energize the fob and read the code. The truck will then start.

In order to get into the truck, you have to pull out the actual metal key that hides inside it, and use it in that weird metal slot on the drivers door.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Interesting. I’m happy this was mentioned! On my other car there’s a plug where the a regular ignition key would go, you pop that off and stick the actual metal key in there. It doesn’t turn but it must read it like the Ranger reads the fob in the cupholder.

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
Sorry everyone... it was a rough day at work today. Not an excuse, I will try to curtail my sarcasm from now on!