Hot Wheels Ranger Raptor

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I need to go to a dollar tree then. Lol I'd like to get one non modded lol. They also have a blue one out too. Only seen pics not one in person though.
Sponsored

HotPepperRedRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2015 Ford Edge 2012 Toyota Camry
I appreciate the growing interest in these! It means a lot that folks like something I did enough to buy it.
But unfortunately, at this time and unless I can find a case of these trucks plus cheaper paint, I won't be making more any time soon. Wife wasn't too happy when she found out how much i spent on the can of HPR lol. I'll keep everyone posted if I do make more though.
Well, we f you have the HPR paint already, and happen to stumble across another truck........

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I'd like to see a Jim Beam Collector Decanter :D

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
ebay and amazon have them too....

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I got a Hot Wheels Collectors email yesterday and there’s another new colour coming, available at GameStop in store and online 11/2.

1756E511-1B9E-443B-8A8E-D2A490C58EEB.png

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I got one of these a while back, but any paint for the platinum white is ridiculously expensive (for painting a toy). Does anyone have any suggestions on a reasonably priced alternative to painting it in Platinum white? The cheapest I've found is about $50 for spray cans of the individual parts (3 part system - base, mid and clearcoat).

Surfink

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pepper White Cooper S Clubman, 2019 Saber STX SuperCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Find a nail polish that is the same color., or get the touch up paint from Ford
For mine, I ordered the Saber color from R + D Repaint Supply for $31 delivered (Spray paint) Picked up clear Urethane at hardware store $7
Acetone removed the paint, primered, Spray 3 coats of paint, sprayed 2 coats of clear...
Lots of paint left..

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
For mine, I ordered the Saber color from R + D Repaint Supply for $31 delivered (Spray paint) Picked up clear Urethane at hardware store $7
Acetone removed the paint, primered, Spray 3 coats of paint, sprayed 2 coats of clear...
Lots of paint left..
Nail polish is an interesting idea - it might not be a perfect match, but I bet it could get close. And it would lay down smooth I bet. If it didn't work, I could remove it. And then yes, a generic clear urethane would work for the clear.

Thanks for the ideas!

Surfink

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pepper White Cooper S Clubman, 2019 Saber STX SuperCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Nail polish is an interesting idea - it might not be a perfect match, but I bet it could get close. And it would lay down smooth I bet. If it didn't work, I could remove it. And then yes, a generic clear urethane would work for the clear.

Thanks for the ideas!
I have sprayed nail polish after thinning with an airbrush..
But it does lay flat pretty well on its' own..

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Lots of paint left..
I would like to buy one if you make any others.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
There’s definitely similar nail polish out there. When we ordered our pearl white Mazda my wife immediately had to buy matching nail polish and Birkenstocks!

TheLoneRider

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4, 2018 Escape Titanium, 2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Stopped by my local Wally World today. Went through all the hanging ones and no Rangers :crying:

Then I spent 20 minutes digging through the three bins and came up with 16 yellows and 2 blue. :rockon:

I was going to buy them all to custmize, but realized I never had the patience for detailed model work.

I ended up putting all the yellows back and just bought the two blue ones. Will leave as is, close enough to my Lightning Blue for me.
Sponsored