Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
So no error codes or bulb out warnings when running LED lights? I have used these in previous vehicles and currently in my wife's 2017 Escape.
H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs 1:1 Design Low Beam/Fog light with Fan, SEALIGHT S2 Series Upgraded CSP Chips 7600LM 6000K Xenon white IP67-2 Year Warranty (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCZ7RZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_N8LjDb9967H3N
They are just like SL1's.

Can you explain the collar situation for me and the bulbs are very small and the small ballast I left inside the light housing on her Escape, I haven't even looked to see how the Rangers are, but a dust cap is a must to keep moisture out and debris. Lastly, with the led chips do they need to be horizontal or vertical?
Vertical
Sponsored

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
So no error codes or bulb out warnings when running LED lights? I have used these in previous vehicles and currently in my wife's 2017 Escape.
H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs 1:1 Design Low Beam/Fog light with Fan, SEALIGHT S2 Series Upgraded CSP Chips 7600LM 6000K Xenon white IP67-2 Year Warranty (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCZ7RZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_N8LjDb9967H3N
They are just like SL1's.

Can you explain the collar situation for me and the bulbs are very small and the small ballast I left inside the light housing on her Escape, I haven't even looked to see how the Rangers are, but a dust cap is a must to keep moisture out and debris. Lastly, with the led chips do they need to be horizontal or vertical?
I'm still waiting on pandamotorworks to get back to me about the dust cap but I've had them for about 2 months now and still love them. The collar is easily adjustable to be able to get it to fit accordingly with the bulb adjustments as I have in pictures above you just gotta apply some pressure to get the collars to lock with the bulb seals. Otherwise everything else tucks away nicely into the housing.

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I'm still waiting on pandamotorworks to get back to me about the dust cap but I've had them for about 2 months now and still love them. The collar is easily adjustable to be able to get it to fit accordingly with the bulb adjustments as I have in pictures above you just gotta apply some pressure to get the collars to lock with the bulb seals. Otherwise everything else tucks away nicely into the housing.
So technically the dust caps would fit but you're waiting to see if it's safe to enclose the lights and put the caps back on?

Thank you for the update so far. I appreciate it.

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
So technically the dust caps would fit but you're waiting to see if it's safe to enclose the lights and put the caps back on?

Thank you for the update so far. I appreciate it.
No the dust caps don't fit because the led housings are too big. The rubber gasket on the led and bulb housing is really tough to turn so I'm not too worried about much getting into the housings. I know they are safely able to enclose everything into the housings as the headlight assemblies are meant to take the heat and the SL1's are really good at venting the heat out. Sorry for the late reply somehow not getting notifications! let me know if you have any other questions

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So question for those of you who bought these, does the dual power function of the lights work when on auto?

At least on my truck it seems like for DRL's it runs the low beams at like half power, then puts them up to full power as soon as it detects night.

I want to do the Morimoto HID conversion eventually, but this function seems like it would not work with HIDs or it would throw error codes.

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I did just notice you can turn off the daytime lights in the cluster menu.

r2t2k2

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
So question for those of you who bought these, does the dual power function of the lights work when on auto?

At least on my truck it seems like for DRL's it runs the low beams at like half power, then puts them up to full power as soon as it detects night.

I want to do the Morimoto HID conversion eventually, but this function seems like it would not work with HIDs or it would throw error codes.
I can answer that for you. Mine don’t flicker in DLR mode, they operate just like the OEM halogen bulbs do with reduced output. These are a nice stopgap until I bite the bullet and get the Lariat units.

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I can answer that for you. Mine don’t flicker in DLR mode, they operate just like the OEM halogen bulbs do with reduced output. These are a nice stopgap until I bite the bullet and get the Lariat units.
I think I am going to end up buying the Morimoto D2S kit and retrofitting it Summer 2020. The LED strips are cool but not 3K cool for me, I just want headlights better than my 27 Year old BMW's.

r2t2k2

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I think I am going to end up buying the Morimoto D2S kit and retrofitting it Summer 2020. The LED strips are cool but not 3K cool for me, I just want headlights better than my 27 Year old BMW's.
I can understand that... I built HIDs for both my M3 and M5 and it was a royal pain. I still trip over ballasts and such when I’m out in my shop. So far the LEDs are better than the halogens and the scatter is similar to them.
Sponsored