Undercover Ultra Flex question

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
For any of you with this cover, did you use these and where did you put them? I put my cover on a couple of weeks ago but I didn’t see anything mentioned about them in the instructions.

6CA5D6BE-8D4F-4402-A731-B6D6B76EF917.jpeg
Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
For any of you with this cover, did you use these and where did you put them? I put my cover on a couple of weeks ago but I didn’t see anything mentioned about them in the instructions.

6CA5D6BE-8D4F-4402-A731-B6D6B76EF917.jpeg
Mine were installed between bed rail and tonneau mounting rails

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Mine were installed between bed rail and tonneau mounting rails
Wouldn’t that create a gap between the bed rail and the tonneau rail? Or does the seal make up for it and cover that up?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Wouldn’t that create a gap between the bed rail and the tonneau rail? Or does the seal make up for it and cover that up?
Goes on the vertical bed lip then the tonneau rail goes on and it is c.lamped down on the spacer. I think it stops the tonneau rail from rolling inward when clamped down. Kind of hard to explain.Some people didnt use them but mine wouldnt work without it

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
If yours closes and latches correctly you may not need them.My tonneau rails wouldnt sit parallel to the top side of bed without the spacer. Good luck.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Goes on the vertical bed lip then the tonneau rail goes on and it is c.lamped down on the spacer. I think it stops the tonneau rail from rolling inward when clamped down. Kind of hard to explain.Some people didnt use them but mine wouldnt work without it
Okay I know what you mean now. I put those on, they are the short ones that stick on right where the front and rear mounting brackets are and then where the centre clamp is too. These strips that I don’t know where they go are about twice as long as those short ones.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Okay I know what you mean now. I put those on, they are the short ones that stick on right where the front and rear mounting brackets are and then where the centre clamp is too. These strips that I don’t know where they go are about twice as long as those short ones.
I put the others wherever there was a gap between bed rail and tonneau rail. I will look at mine sometime today and report back.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the others wherever there was a gap between bed rail and tonneau rail. I will look at mine sometime today and report back.
Sounds good, thanks!

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Sounds good, thanks!
I took a look at it and the stick on rubber strips where put in between rails on center rail clamp.Some people didnt use them so I dont know how important they are.The directions when I got mine 5 months ago where not that good. Good luck

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I took a look at it and the stick on rubber strips where put in between rails on center rail clamp.Some people didnt use them so I dont know how important they are.The directions when I got mine 5 months ago where not that good. Good luck
I like this cover, but installation was a nightmare. Luckily, I have a buddy who literally can fix anything. He is a brilliant do it yourselfer and has every tool imaginable. He quickly figures out the easiest solutions to complex situations. Installing this cover took him over six hours. Months later, I am still afraid to bring it up to him.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. The instructions that I received weren’t great either but it wasn’t too bad to install. I’ll just leave it as is but keep those trips and if any issues show up I’ll deal with it then!

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
I like this cover, but installation was a nightmare. Luckily, I have a buddy who literally can fix anything. He is a brilliant do it yourselfer and has every tool imaginable. He quickly figures out the easiest solutions to complex situations. Installing this cover took him over six hours. Months later, I am still afraid to bring it up to him.
Yeah,took me at least 4 hours but it fits and operates very well now.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys getting a bit of water in? I get just a little in each front corner and a little at the very back by the tailgate. I think a tailgate seal will help the back but not sure what to do with the front.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Are you guys getting a bit of water in? I get just a little in each front corner and a little at the very back by the tailgate. I think a tailgate seal will help the back but not sure what to do with the front.
I installed a tailgate seal and do get a small amount of water in the bed, but it’s minimal.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed a tailgate seal and do get a small amount of water in the bed, but it’s minimal.
Okay thanks. I have the seal, just haven’t had the time to put it on. Maybe a night after work this week! How did you run yours on the bottom, on the gate or on the bed?
Sponsored

Reactions: Ric