Where is the advertisement?

Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HPR Ranger Lariat
I don't know about our neighbors to the south, but up here in Canada I have not seen any commercials for the new Rangers. The only reason I heard about them was because of a Ford salesman told me about 3 years ago that he had been told they were coming back to North America.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't know about our neighbors to the south, but up here in Canada I have not seen any commercials for the new Rangers. The only reason I heard about them was because of a Ford salesman told me about 3 years ago that he had been told they were coming back to North America.
I've yet to see one myself. I always see commercials for the F150,Chevy.Dodge and Toyota trucks but you think Ford would be hitting the airwaves with the new Ranger.

I know there are a few other members on here from AZ but I haven't even see a new Ranger on the streets in my area. It's kinda nice having a unicorn for now.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I've seen several ads for Rangers. Most of them show it braving the wild trails of adventure.

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
I have seen two now as of this past week, so very recent and new.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I have been seeing them on and off but not that frequently. I would think that Ford would be airing them more often.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Don't watch much TV here.. I've seen it on and off when I do watch TV.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I think I’ve seen one here... I don’t watch a lot of TV though.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Have seen the Ranger commercial a few times in the past 2-3 months. And yah, it's the one showing the truck doing "adventure" stuff. I think Ford is missing the boat by not touting the power-train features in this truck and just trying to sell it as the weekend toy. Nothing on its towing/payload capabilities like you see with EVERY F-150 add.

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
I think they are targeting the advertising on the internet/social media very well.
I was looking at repair videos for my old sport trac and guess what "commercial" youtube threw at me? Very sneaky... but it worked. I really didn't want to tackle the timing chain job on the SOHC 4.0 anyhow :)

The dealer that I bought my Ranger from doesn't even park the Rangers visible from the road anymore. Initially I thought that this was because they didn't want the Rangers stealing sales away from the F-150s. Now I'm not so sure. I think Ranger sells easily. He doesn't need to advertise them. Any sensible person looking for a mid size truck knows what the options are and comes already well informed to the dealer. I think reviews of the Ranger on sites like youtube have been very positive. All the manufacturers are aware that social media and the internet is how buyers become informed. In addition, I think the dealer happily makes money regardless if he sells a Ranger or an F-150.

Last edited:

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
See Ranger commercials frequently on Cardinal baseball, Fox Sports Midwest. That's about all I watch this time of year. My condolences to any cub fans out there.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
When they do an ad, they never tell you anything about the truck itself.
Also, they almost never show one used for a practical purpose anywhere near paved roads.
In fact, some of the commercials insult many of the very people who buy them, by actually suggesting that if you are going to drive on roads for ordinary purposes, "you don't need no stinking Ranger".
Its all just fantasy images of unrelated activities like skydiving, cliff jumping, or shooting the rapids in a kayak.

They don't even make an effort to market the SuperCab or the 2WD.
To be honest...
They really don't even make a 2WD anyway , just a 4WD with parts missing.

If you are looking for entertainment... watch the commercials,
if you want information about the Ranger... look elsewhere.
To be fair I guess that's the whole point of advertising!:giggle::clap:
Sponsored