Anyone else invited to the 'Ford Ranger Owners Event'?

ZRanger

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4X4 Lariat; 2013 Forest River Georgetown 351DS
Vehicle Showcase
Had a great time at the event.
Had a 1:30 appointment, arrived at 12:30 and they asked me to come on in. I sure am glad I got a head start! I didn't stop talking until 4:00! Almost lost my voice. There is nothing they didn't ask or were not interested in. They specifically were fascinated in modifications made.
I never felt so "listened to". They took a lot of pictures of the truck as they said it was the first one with acolor matched shell they had seen.

Only downside: by the time I left they only had hats left. No key chains.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody reached out to me:frown:

Great to hear they are doing this though.:thumbsup:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to attend an event like that. I wonder if they are going to do more of them around the country?

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I had the opportunity to attend a similar event in Pittsburgh back in June, but on the other side of the interview. We were interviewing Edge and F150 owners and getting feedback on their ownership experiences.

People love talking about their cars and trucks, and we as engineers love getting the feedback, and we do make engineering decisions and changes based on it. So if you get an invite for an event like this, go! It's a great opportunity to be heard, and to talk with the people who design these things

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Both Phil. At least two Aussies and some from Michigan and a few of other ethnicities. First names, last name initial. I think the overall was a guy by the name of Tim W.
Thanks! I am glad to see Ford doing something like this again...it was quite a while back we did something similar for the 1996 F150.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Reactions: Ric

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I’m jealous! It sounds like a good and interesting time. I’m always up for learning more about things like this but I really doubt they’ll have anything like that here north of the border. I’ve been to a few Mazda events but it’s more of them showing you new vehicles and driving around a closed course than for info about or reactions to something already purchased.
Adam, Im sure there will be one coming to Clinton or Forest soon, lol, see you there:like:

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That would be awesome if they tracked around the country. Would love for them to come this way I'd totally drive somewhere for one of these events.

South Florida Ranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I have an invitation for today for this event in Irvine, CA, which they claim will allow me to speak to the design engineers for the Ranger. I was all set to go, but then got a call the other day which is giving me reason to question whether this is scam. All communications look legit, but that doesn't mean much.
Did one of these with Kawasaki. Got a cool gift and cash money.

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
If you guys have any more pictures please post them. The Ford guys kept me busy. I was there an extra hour answering their questions. Because I was so busy I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. That's me in the photo on the first page standing behind the hot pepper Ranger.

Jon_H

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD FX4, 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
I was there and like others have said, it was a great event and the engineers seems genuinely interested. I too am very happy with my truck but did point out the things that bother me (HVAC controls, transmission algorithms in tow/haul mode and rapid acceleration to cost conditions).. I have an extremely early build date truck so they were very interested in front fender fit and finish. My truck has prototype Eibach coil overs, and rear 1" blocks, and shocks, they actually "crawled" underneath to look and take notes. (as a side note the drivetrain engineer said the 3" lift will not adversely affect the suspension, steering, or front drivetrain if it is kept aligned.) One other thing, I think it was the electronic engineer said that any dealer should be able to re-calibrate the speedometer/odometer to account for for the larger tires.

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Interesting coincidence, I received a card in the mail this afternoon with the title "Tell us about your Ford Ranger Engineers want to know"
Got the same postcard didnt look like it came from Ford.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I filled out the survey prior to the even but never received an invite. I must not be part of the demographic they were interested in hearing from.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I must say, every single Ford employee there was extremely nice, respectful, and patient as I explained my thoughts, feelings, and observations about my Ranger. Ford brass should be very proud of the folks it had representing the big blue oval.
Sponsored