Anyone else invited to the 'Ford Ranger Owners Event'?

muzicman0

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have an invitation for today for this event in Irvine, CA, which they claim will allow me to speak to the design engineers for the Ranger. I was all set to go, but then got a call the other day which is giving me reason to question whether this is scam. All communications look legit, but that doesn't mean much.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
What did they say that makes you question it?

OP
OP
muzicman0

muzicman0

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So I have known from the beginning that for my time they are giving me $200 at the end of the event. Didn't think much of it, but when they called to verify my participation, they made kind of a big deal about it. It's hard to explain, it just felt off. But on the other hand, I'm sure if it is legit, then they also want to make sure people show. Also, all of the normal 'tells', such as a gmail address, or bad grammar, etc don't apply.

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
I'm going. I may see you there.

OP
OP
muzicman0

muzicman0

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Cool. The more I think about this, the more I think the amount of detail they put into this is probably way to much work for it not to be legit, so I plan on going. I'm also a 6'1" 260 lb dude, so unlikely that I am in any physical danger!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Let us know how it goes, maybe they'll have something around here but I doubt it!

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
I went to our local dealer for a 'technology demonstration' going through the Sync3 features, My Ford Access app, and the new 2020 Explorer and Escape. It was put on by corporate staffed with agency employees. At the end I got a $500 rebate coupon on a new car good for 30 days. I will be using it Monday 23-Sep when I pick up my new Ranger. It was like a party with food, the K9 unit, news media, and several hundred people. It reminded me of the events at the Harley dealer.

SoCalT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCrew
The location for the Ford Ranger Owner Event was once the home of Ford's Premier Auto Group. After the transition to Taco Bell my understanding is Ford maintained some operations there (design studies - regional offices?). This was also the spot where the Cars & Coffee movement exploded when Ford made their parking lot available to local gearheads every Saturday morning.

I'm confident the event you are headed to is legit.

R4T F1NK

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I attended the event today, I had an 8:00am time slot. The event is legit and you have the opportunity to speak with engineers from all different areas. It was a great event, I’d highly recommend you go if you can make it.

OP
OP
muzicman0

muzicman0

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So it was actually pretty cool. I got to share lots of feedback, and they took it all in. Overall, I am very happy with the Ranger I have, but there are some small things, and 1 big thing (the transmission) that bother me, and they seemed genuinely interested in my feedback.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting coincidence, I received a card in the mail this afternoon with the title "Tell us about your Ford Ranger Engineers want to know"

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Dammit. I'm flying home today and couldn't make it.
Sponsored