List of Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for 2019+ Ford Ranger

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Does anyone have a list of the current TSBs and how can I tell they were applied ?

I'm especially interested in the 1,500 RPM shudder.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
TSB 19-2052 for engine cold start runs rough,fast idle, and trans shifting.
I just purchased a 2019 Ranger XLT and am experiencing the jerky lunging ride while accelerating. I noted the TSB quoted above, but my build date is 4/28/19 and the TSB applies to vehicles built on or before 2/11/19. The vehicle was only used 6 months before it was disposed of by the first owner (with 12K miles). I bought it as a certified vehicle. When I test drove this (after test driving a 2020 Ranger) I noted the issue and the salesman said it was because it had been sitting in the heat. I knew the vehicle had been test driven about a half hour before we drove it and suspected BS, but I am concerned about this being a serious issue. Anybody else have this issue with a build date after the TSB date if 2/11/19?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
I just purchased a 2019 Ranger XLT and am experiencing the jerky lunging ride while accelerating. I noted the TSB quoted above, but my build date is 4/28/19 and the TSB applies to vehicles built on or before 2/11/19. The vehicle was only used 6 months before it was disposed of by the first owner (with 12K miles). I bought it as a certified vehicle. When I test drove this (after test driving a 2020 Ranger) I noted the issue and the salesman said it was because it had been sitting in the heat. I knew the vehicle had been test driven about a half hour before we drove it and suspected BS, but I am concerned about this being a serious issue. Anybody else have this issue with a build date after the TSB date if 2/11/19?
Bill , my truck was after that build date but they did it anyhow and it took care of it. Bret

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Bill , my truck was after that build date but they did it anyhow and it took care of it. Bret
Good news, I got it scheduled into the dealer for the TSB. Bad news, can't get it in for 2 weeks. Thanks for the info.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
That's suddenly interesting, because I don't recall my 9/19 build engine experiencing cold surging, not until I got it back from the dealer with a new HPFP. I'm sure it's just me, but it also doesn't feel as responsive to throttle input.

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Good news, I got it scheduled into the dealer for the TSB. Bad news, can't get it in for 2 weeks. Thanks for the info.
I took the truck to the dealer today. I quoted the TSB number to the service advisor and after an hour and a half, he said that the TSB was for F-150s and not the Ranger (huh?!?) but that the mechanic found a TSB that covered reprogramming the PCM. He told me to drive it and see if it was better. I asked if the mechanic had not driven it before and after the reprogramming and the service advisor said that he had, and he noticed an "improvement". I drove it home and it did much better, not 100% but liveable, I guess. I still have trust issues, especially after listening to a different service advisor sell a brake job to a customer - doubt he really desperately need it like he said. I don't think I will take it back there for any more work. I caught the salesman in 3 lies, and that was 3 too many.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Minor comment. On three occasions, I had the MIL light, and the code both times was Po1FØ. This is a fuel-air issue code. After some messing around, I discovered how to make it light up. I could tell you how to duplicate it, but no matter. Since upgrading to the Ford Performance tune, no more issue with the MIL.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
What does the strikethrough indicate?

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Minor comment. On three occasions, I had the MIL light, and the code both times was Po1FØ. This is a fuel-air issue code. After some messing around, I discovered how to make it light up. I could tell you how to duplicate it, but no matter. Since upgrading to the Ford Performance tune, no more issue with the MIL.
Can you talk about the Ford performance tune?

How much total including installation?

What numbers is it supposed to give you HP TQ

What difference have you noticed from the stock tune:

Drive Mode differences?

Sport mode differences?

MPG differences?

Any other comments?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
From what I have read the Ford Performance Tune is on par with the 93 octane default tune file available on the SDX devices ie: BullyDog. The Ford Tune adds 45hp and 60 lb/ft of torque and like the SDX default tunes needs at least 91 octane to hit those numbers. Drive-ability is the about same a stock, but there is a noticeable difference in the firmness in shifts and significant difference in how hard the truck will pull both in D and in S mode. Mileage will vary depending on driver habits, aggressiveness and environment. I saw a slight improvement in mileage over stock when I ran the default BullyDog 93 tune and averaged 23-24 on the freeway and 19-20 mixed. If you want to spend the money on it and are OK with the power and want the added warranty coverage. Go for it. It's a respectable tune.

I then went to the 5 Star 93 Performance tune up from the default 93 octane SDX one and the truck absolutely came alive. Significant power boost over stock, as well as even better mileage over stock or the SDX default tunes.
Sponsored