RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Damn... I hope not. I am at a loss as to why anybody would need a dampener on a tail gate?
As has been stated many times - no one NEEDS a tailgate damper (or adaptive cruise, or push button start, or pedestrian detection, etc, etc, etc). People just find it to be a useful feature. Once you've had it it is hard to not have it. Now that I've gotten used to keyless entry with push button start, I'd have a hard time going back to pulling my keys out of my pocket all the time. I LOVE that feature. I don't NEED it, but I really like it. Just like I would like a tailgate dampener.
Sponsored

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
As has been stated many times - no one NEEDS a tailgate damper (or adaptive cruise, or push button start, or pedestrian detection, etc, etc, etc). People just find it to be a useful feature. Once you've had it it is hard to not have it. Now that I've gotten used to keyless entry with push button start, I'd have a hard time going back to pulling my keys out of my pocket all the time. I LOVE that feature. I don't NEED it, but I really like it. Just like I would like a tailgate dampener.
Exactly. I can't count the number of times I've walked up to the F-150, grasped the handle then stood there like an idiot waiting for the door to unlock before I remember I have to pull the fob out of my pocket.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase