Adding lights to topper, power source for keyless?

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Looking to add LED rope light(s) to a topper when I get it (and get my truck). Dealer wants $100 but it looks easy to do myself. Just wondering what power source will they use with the existing topper dome light and will it be powered full time? Same power source for the keyless entry for the topper too? I would think that needs to be live but maybe not? It goes live when you hit the button?

Any tips from those who have done this appreciated too.
Sponsored

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Looking to add LED rope light(s) to a topper when I get it (and get my truck). Dealer wants $100 but it looks easy to do myself. Just wondering what power source will they use with the existing topper dome light and will it be powered full time? Same power source for the keyless entry for the topper too? I would think that needs to be live but maybe not? It goes live when you hit the button?

My Lariat has a button on my dash that turns on the light that shines into the bed (the third brake light). If it were me, I'd like that one to be able to control the lights in the topper.

I'll ask the guys that install my topper...when it come in of course.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
My Lariat has a button on my dash that turns on the light that shines into the bed (the third brake light). If it were me, I'd like that one to be able to control the lights in the topper.

I'll ask the guys that install my topper...when it come in of course.
yeah it'd be great to know how to tap into that circuit!

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

There are some threads on BED LIGHTS, I used the 12V power source and did my bed lights, that might be a good place too for your supply of power if you don't have the 12v power outlet in the box.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/bed-lights.2167/
Sponsored