Ranger Gets Ford Performance Parts Leveling Kits with Coil-overs & Fox Shocks

665.0coupe

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Ranger
One benefit though is that you get warranty by buying from Ford Performance - might not be a huge deal, but if you break something while off road, you might be able to get it fixed for free.

The Fox coilover leveling kit is what I would probably buy (front coilovers and rear struts), but I also kind of want to wait for Old Man Emu to come out with something. A rear leaf spring pack would be sweet.
I think if the dealer installs aftermarket parts the factory warranty wont be affected. I don't think they will warranty the aftermarket components though. Since these are Ford parts they may have a warranty on parts.
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I am very interested in this development. I am mainly looking for a smoother, stabilized, more cushioned street ride, and have been looking into aftermarket products to that end. I do not really want but would not mind a few inches of leveling, which would help protect the bottom of the truck and perform better in rough and dangerous conditions (winter is coming). But, not being a do-it-yourself guy, I would have to go to a local garage, and I trust my local Ford dealer, which has served me faithfully for so many years, much more to do the work right--or make it right if things do not work out the first time. Also, having it be a Ford product, O.K., a Fox and Ford product but one installed by Ford, means that I will not risk the warranty that I paid for with purchase, which matters a lot over the life of a vehicle....

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Ford just announced today that they are offering a Ford Performance engineering and tuned leveling kit for Ranger and F150.

https://www.at.ford.com/en/homepage/news-and-clipsheet/news/2019/9/leveling-suspension.html

From the article:

"The majority of Ranger and F-150 trucks are purchased with four-wheel drive, and for those who want to go further, the leveling kits will enable off-road explorers to venture into even more challenging terrain. Beyond adding additional ground clearance, off-road performance is improved with Ford truck-optimized FOX™ shocks.

The dealer-installed off-road leveling kits for Ranger and F-150 include:

· New aluminum FOX shock bodies are designed to provide ample cooling capacity over rough terrain

· New front coilover springs deliver optimal spring rate

· Vehicle-specific upper front mounts with polyurethane bushings work to help isolate noise and vibration

· 2-inch front lift levels the truck from front to rear

Ford Performance engineers worked with FOX to develop unique internal valving for the shocks to deliver confident performance and predictable handling both off-road and on the pavement.

With kit installation, both Ranger and F-150 see improvements to front ground clearance, approach and breakover angles. Ranger sees an approximate 21 percent increase in approach angle and a 10 percent increase in breakover angle. F-150 with a 145-inch wheelbase sees an approximate 22 percent increase in approach angle and 7 percent increase in breakover angle."

"These new offerings are available through Ford dealers for $1,495 before installation. The kits are designed to be installed at the dealer on any four-wheel-drive 2019 Ranger or four-wheel-drive 2015-19 F-150. Kits come with a Ford Performance Parts limited warranty. See a Ford dealer for details."
From this description, it is not clear to me if they propose to do anything on the back end. Is it new shocks front and rear and coil overs for the front end to provide the lift? Is there something missing from their description, or is it just me?

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
From this description, it is not clear to me if they propose to do anything on the back end. Is it new shocks front and rear and coil overs for the front end to provide the lift? Is there something missing from their description, or is it just me?
I was wondering the same whether the $1495 includes rear shocks. Fox makes a front and rear coilover level kit (which is probably just the same kit that Ford Performance is selling) for $1100 I believe. I would hope the FP one includes rear shocks and the extra $400 is what you pay for warranty...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering the same whether the $1495 includes rear shocks. Fox makes a front and rear coilover level kit (which is probably just the same kit that Ford Performance is selling) for $1100 I believe. I would hope the FP one includes rear shocks and the extra $400 is what you pay for warranty...
Doug, I agree with you, and the similarity in prices suggests as much, but if they are giving us rear shocks for the money as well, why don't they say so? Even if it is the same kit, that is, front and rear, at a higher price, I would still rather have Ford do the work and guarantee it. The announcement was obviously written from an advertising perspective, and so I would expect clarifications to be forthcoming. We can't be the only two guys who want to know....

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Doug, I agree with you, and the similarity in prices suggests as much, but if they are giving us rear shocks for the money as well, why don't they say so? Even if it is the same kit, that is, front and rear, at a higher price, I would still rather have Ford do the work and guarantee it. The announcement was obviously written from an advertising perspective, and so I would expect clarifications to be forthcoming. We can't be the only two guys who want to know....
You're not...I would like to know too. I missed the lack of rear shocks when I read it the first time. I assumed (yah, I know) these two items were rear and front:

The dealer-installed off-road leveling kits for Ranger and F-150 include:
· New aluminum FOX shock bodies are designed to provide ample cooling capacity over rough terrain
· New front coilover springs deliver optimal spring rate

For $1500, I would think rears are included too.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Maybe it is engineered to work well with the rears?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This is interesting, but how much different is it from the Fox front coilovers that are already available?
Despite the marketing talk about the "secret sauce" of Ford tuning, this package seems to be nearly identical to the readily available Fox products. It looks like Ford has recognized that the Rangers had suspension issues and that a lot of people were going aftermarket to resolve them. In any case, I would rather have Ford install a Ford-branded Fox system since this will not void any of my vehicle's warranties!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure these are just the FOX 2.0 coilovers that are already available just set to 2" of lift - aren't they? Maybe with some custom FP tuning?
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/9...0-IFP-Performance-Front-Coilovers-3-Lift.html for example.
Assuming that Ford is giving us rear shocks in the deal (which point is unclear in its advertising), we would be paying $1,495 for parts that are available from stage3 for about $1,2780, as shown here:
2019 Ford Ranger 4WD FOX Stage 1 Suspension Package
FOXRNGRSTGE14WD%202019%20Ranger%204WD%20FOX%20Stage%201%20Suspension%20Package%2000.jpg
FOXRNGRSTGE14WD%202019%20Ranger%204WD%20FOX%20Stage%201%20Suspension%20Package%2000.jpg

Part#: RNGRSTGE14WD
star5.png
1 Review(s) Write a Review
2 Customer Q&A(s)

$1,279.80.

But Ford advertising to date does not specifically say that rear shocks are included....

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
It would be awesome if these were specially tuned for the Ranger because I would pay extra! I’ll be making a suspension purchase during the Black Friday sales; hopefully some new info or a superior product is released before then.

Lots of “what if’s” on this product...

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I had been thinking of raising my ranger since I got it. But this is exactly what I wanted to hear, when will this be available?

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
This just popped up - looks like its front and rear.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-R

M-18000-R.jpg

Our Fox "Tuned by Ford Performance" 2.0 Performance Series IFP (Internal Floating Piston) Front and Rear shock kits are loaded with the advanced technology and features that you expect from Fox and are then taken to the next level through tuning by Ford Performance Engineers. These proprietary kits are designed and tested to optimize ride and performance both Off- and On-road, making them the best solution for the most discriminating performance enthusiasts.
Features Include:
  • Fits 2019 Ranger 4WD models
  • Shocks feature precision impact extruded aluminum bodies that increase cooling capacity and are rust resistant
  • Front coil-overs feature top quality racing coils selected to deliver the optimal spring rate
  • Levels truck front-to-rear
  • Improves front approach angle: 34.8 deg. vs. 28.7 deg. stock
  • Improves breakover angle: 23.8 deg. vs. 21.5 deg stock
  • Vehicle-specific upper front mounts include a composite bushing that isolates noise and vibration
  • Locking, spring preload rings allow easy front ride height and preload adjustments
  • Provides a comfortable on-road ride and predictable off-road handling in even the toughest conditions
  • Easy bolt-on installation with no other modifications required
NOTE: 2019 Ranger Off-road Suspension has been tested and validated to work with Stock 18" wheels with 265/60R18 factory tires and Ford Performance "Ranger Raptor" wheels P/N M-1007-RGR1785OR with BFG K02 265/70R17 tires
Body 2.0" impact extruded and CNC machined 6061-T6 clear anodized aluminum one-piece body resists rust over time
Body Plating
Hard-anodized for a durable finish
Reservoir Internal IFP mono-tube reservoir design separates shock oil from the high-pressure nitrogen
Components Black-anodized, CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum
Shaft 5/8" hard chrome plated heat-treated alloy steel
Piston Race-developed high-flow piston design
Valving Ford Performance specific valving to maximize performance
Seals Redundant sealing pack system main seal, wiper seal, scraper seal
Oil JM92 Advanced Suspension Fluid for improved performance at variable temperatures
Bushings Quiet nitrile rubber allows for increased suspension articulation

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This just popped up - looks like its front and rear.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-R

M-18000-R.jpg

Our Fox "Tuned by Ford Performance" 2.0 Performance Series IFP (Internal Floating Piston) Front and Rear shock kits are loaded with the advanced technology and features that you expect from Fox and are then taken to the next level through tuning by Ford Performance Engineers. These proprietary kits are designed and tested to optimize ride and performance both Off- and On-road, making them the best solution for the most discriminating performance enthusiasts.
Features Include:
  • Fits 2019 Ranger 4WD models
  • Shocks feature precision impact extruded aluminum bodies that increase cooling capacity and are rust resistant
  • Front coil-overs feature top quality racing coils selected to deliver the optimal spring rate
  • Levels truck front-to-rear
  • Improves front approach angle: 34.8 deg. vs. 28.7 deg. stock
  • Improves breakover angle: 23.8 deg. vs. 21.5 deg stock
  • Vehicle-specific upper front mounts include a composite bushing that isolates noise and vibration
  • Locking, spring preload rings allow easy front ride height and preload adjustments
  • Provides a comfortable on-road ride and predictable off-road handling in even the toughest conditions
  • Easy bolt-on installation with no other modifications required
NOTE: 2019 Ranger Off-road Suspension has been tested and validated to work with Stock 18" wheels with 265/60R18 factory tires and Ford Performance "Ranger Raptor" wheels P/N M-1007-RGR1785OR with BFG K02 265/70R17 tires
Body 2.0" impact extruded and CNC machined 6061-T6 clear anodized aluminum one-piece body resists rust over time
Body Plating
Hard-anodized for a durable finish
Reservoir Internal IFP mono-tube reservoir design separates shock oil from the high-pressure nitrogen
Components Black-anodized, CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum
Shaft 5/8" hard chrome plated heat-treated alloy steel
Piston Race-developed high-flow piston design
Valving Ford Performance specific valving to maximize performance
Seals Redundant sealing pack system main seal, wiper seal, scraper seal
Oil JM92 Advanced Suspension Fluid for improved performance at variable temperatures
Bushings Quiet nitrile rubber allows for increased suspension articulation
Now, they are getting into the details, and this is very close to what I was about to pull the trigger on aftermarket. So this is really good news for me, as I would much prefer to have my local Ford dealer's service term install Ford-branded Foxes. I know that they will do the job right--and no warranty issues! Thanks, Josh!
Sponsored