RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I use the triple unlock in the truck when I haven't powered up often.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Well it was ME! I got the last one, sorry (I truly am) if you missed out.

It arrived today and although I thought I would wait till Sunday morning to install it due to later in the day temps here ( I'm tied up tomorrow and Sat.) the "ants in my pants" wouldn't allow me to wait... :D
As stated before the hardest part is door panel removal and even that isn't too difficult.
OK! Now for the kicker (it's always something). I have a Lariat and although I followed all the instructions, looked at all the pictures and watched the video at least 6 times; nowhere was it mentioned that there is a 3rd plug in the door for the ambient lighting around the door handle. Basically it plugs into a little LED that illuminates a fiber optic/light tube, so in the course of wrestling with it I broke the plastic fiber optic thingy. There is really no way to fix those "thingies" tried super glue and the Gorilla philzeled out. So I just said "Screw it!" It's always something when I work on it...:crazy:

ANYWAY! Hooking up the module was super easy and although I thought about foregoing the up and down via the fob I gave in and made the connections.
EVERYTHING works as advertised and I discovered that the door lock buttons will globally roll the windows up and down just as if you were using the fob, I don't know if anyone would find this useful and or necessary but it does work that way.

OH and I got the two fiber optic/plastic light tubes close enough the I still have ambient lighting on my door handle...

Today was a good day... :)

I don't have a lariat, so you didn't get to see me break the fiber optic tube thingy when I did mine :)

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
After being part of the second shipment, I finally got mine installed this weekend. I minimized how much of the door panel I removed, so I only had about a 2in gap to the door lock harness, so I torn up my hands a bit in there, but successfully made all of the connections. Thanks again! And now that I see this was a limited time availability, I'm even happier.

alpha1172

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
just got mine in the mail today. hopefully installing this weekend. i ended up ordering right from redtek

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
just got mine in the mail today. hopefully installing this weekend. i ended up ordering right from redtek
Did they indicate whether or not it was rewired for NA vehicles? IE. Plug and play.

alpha1172

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
it looked like original packaging il just follow the guide in this thread

eggic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Finally got a chance to install the Window Module and the Auto Folding Mirror modules. Both really straight forward to install and work great. Love the new features. Big Thanks to @RCMUSTANG for making both possible!

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I'm in talks with them. They reached out to me. I may start doing runs from this company.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm in talks with them. They reached out to me. I may start doing runs from this company.
This looks like a great product with both windows and mirrors controlled by one door module. Here is the reply I just got:

Hi,

We do sell systems for left hand drive vehicles

The one listed is setup for right hand drive vehicles, a different harness is supplied for North American orders.

All functions are exactly the same for the US Ranger as shown on this listing.

If you look at my other listing you will find other modules for the Ranger

So to answer your questions yes, just a different harness is included (for the window and dual window/mirror modules)

The standalone mirror module uses the same harness for all Rangers including US model

Should you have any other questions please let me know

Thanks for your enquiry

Trac Electronics

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
This looks like a great product with both windows and mirrors controlled by one door module. Here is the reply I just got:

Hi,

The one listed is setup for right hand drive vehicles, a different harness is supplied for North American orders.

So to answer your questions yes, just a different harness is included (for the window and dual window/mirror modules)

The standalone mirror module uses the same harness for all Rangers including US model

Thanks for your enquiry

Trac Electronics
Sweet. Who wants to be the guinea pig :sunglasses:

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry

Trac Electronics

They sent me a link to the installation overview for the module. The actual instructions are around 10 pages so it seems very well documented. Here it is for anyone who might be interested:

https://docdro.id/P6IRw4i

It looks like RCMUSTANG is working on some sort of a deal with them. There should be something coming from him soon so I'm waiting until we hear from him.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
They sent me a link to the installation overview for the module. The actual instructions are around 10 pages so it seems very well documented. Here it is for anyone who might be interested:

https://docdro.id/P6IRw4i

It looks like RCMUSTANG is working on some sort of a deal with them. There should be something coming from him soon so I'm waiting until we hear from him.
I made a "sweet" video about installing the RedTek window module, I can't say the same for the mirror module, but I would definitely not want to poke holes in the rubber thingy that connects the door wiring to the rest of the truck.

My awesome video details how to get the door apart and clip in the module on a "correct" hand drive 2019 Ranger.
Sponsored