WVmanowar

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a truck
So my insurance is asking if my vehicle has the following:

Does your vehicle have a vehicle recovery system (Opens Pop-up Layer) with an active subscription (Opens Pop-up Layer)?
Is this FordPass and/or Sync? ...yes or no to active recovery system...I can see where it's parked.

Does your vehicle have daytime running lights (Opens Pop-up Layer)?
know you can turn on daytime or so that they turn on based on light. Does this qualify?

What type of airbags does your vehicle have?
Driver, Passenger, Front, Side?

Not sure how to answer or if what's on it qualifies... I have a Lariat.
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Your insurance company should know what the Ranger has by the VIN#.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Does your vehicle have a vehicle recovery system (Opens Pop-up Layer) with an active subscription (Opens Pop-up Layer)?
Is this FordPass and/or Sync? ...yes or no to active recovery system...I can see where it's parked.

know you can turn on daytime or so that they turn on based on light. Does this qualify?

It has active recovery because it can be tracked and remotely disabled. It has Daytime Running Lights, and it has full curtain airbags, as in every airbag that any modern car has, the Ranger has...

Your insurance company needs to get with the times, they should already know this... My insurance also knew about the active braking, collision avoidance, cross traffic alert, etc.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Read them all the safety information on your window sticker too and that helps out. Back in JAN when I was shopping around many insurance companies thought the Ranger wasn't a US vehicle. They had no clues to it coming back and it was a joy to deal w/ them and tell them the VIN I gave them was a US vehicle. ;-)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Read them all the safety information on your window sticker too and that helps out. Back in JAN when I was shopping around many insurance companies thought the Ranger wasn't a US vehicle. They had no clues to it coming back and it was a joy to deal w/ them and tell them the VIN I gave them was a US vehicle. ;-)
Same here, but they've now had 9 months to get their systems updated. They basically quoted me an F150 with the same safety equipment and it wasn't that much higher than my Focus or my Jeep.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, but they've now had 9 months to get their systems updated. They basically quoted me an F150 with the same safety equipment and it wasn't that much higher than my Focus or my Jeep.
exactly what happened to me way back when. I called back about 4 months later and they didn't have any price change it was about 80% higher than my old '15 Explorer Limited which was about 8K more in cost above my Ranger cost even when I bought it new.
Sponsored