First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
@Hambone437 posted this a few posts later on the thread...

"To remove the top of the console off I had to first remove the lower dash panel piece that has the two 12 volt sockets. There are two screws holding that piece in place and to get to the screws, I had to remove the lower dash panel pieces on either side. Just pull those straight back and they come off. Once those three pieces were removed, I started prying up the top of the console around the gear shift lever. Itā€™s all held in place by plastic clips, no screws. I also had to move the shifter out of park to lift it completely out. All in all it was pretty easy. I took my time and used plastic panel tools to pry the pieces so I didnā€™t scratch or damage anything."
What he said. That is exactly what I did.
Sponsored

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I was wondering if Ford has any information yet on an integrated brake controller option.

I heard it was supposed to be released 4th quarter.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if Ford has any information yet on an integrated brake controller option.

4th Quarter won't be until October 1st.

Fordstanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1969 ProStreet Mustang, 94 Lightning, 2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

Postponing buying a controller until this is resolved. Also note the 'Qtr' goes all the way to Dec. Had issues with the Shelby that took a bit longer than Ford announced but they did at least come through.

I suppose some of the others have had OK success with basic controllers. This cannot be a Ford only problem.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Postponing buying a controller until this is resolved. Also note the 'Qtr' goes all the way to Dec. Had issues with the Shelby that took a bit longer than Ford announced but they did at least come through.

I suppose some of the others have had OK success with basic controllers. This cannot be a Ford only problem.

And by "basic controllers" I hope you mean. "Advanced gravity based brake controllers that just so happen to be mounted on the outside of the dash". The ford one is probably going to be nice if it ever comes out, but there are plenty on the market that are highly advanced such as the RedArc (which will probably be the OEM for the Ford branded controller) and the Prodigy P3, and just about every other non-timer based controller from the last 5-10 years.

I don't think it's coming to 2019MY Rangers... My guess is it will be a "trade-in" incentive on the 2020MY.

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm with what @robsquatch posted in that thread. I also was at the owners/engineering event in Saturday here in southern California and I spoke to multiple engineers regarding brake controllers and they all confirmed there wonā€™t be and is no plans for an integrated controller for this generation Rangers.

They are exploring offering a Ford branded after market brake controller, that wonā€™t be integrated with any of the displays... (Probably the Redarc like in the Australian market if I had to bet on it).

FWIW one engineer admitted it was a huge oversight and mistake on their part with regards to offering a brake controller with the release.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I can confirm with what @robsquatch posted in that thread. I also was at the owners/engineering event in Saturday here in southern California and I spoke to multiple engineers regarding brake controllers and they all confirmed there wonā€™t be and is no plans for an integrated controller for this generation Rangers.

They are exploring offering a Ford branded after market brake controller, that wonā€™t be integrated with any of the displays... (Probably the Redarc like in the Australian market if I had to bet on it).

FWIW one engineer admitted it was a huge oversight and mistake on their part with regards to offering a brake controller with the release.
This is good news. Admitting an oversight on their part is understandable.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
First tow of an Airstream Basecamp and the Redarc controller is amazing. Truck and trailer brake as one unit.

Rone28

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
P3 works great.
Stay away from the wireless curtis controller.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Just found this on the Redarc site concerning adaptive cruise:

The REDARC Tow-Pro Elite, when installed correctly, suit any 12 or 24v vehicle used to tow trailers, up to 4.5tonnes ATM, in the Australian marketplace.

All modern vehicles, which have any of the following onboard systems, will suit the REDARC Tow-Pro Elite:

• CAN
  • all forms of stability, trace and yaw control
  • Cruise control
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Collision avoidance
  • Autonomous and emergency braking
  • Lane departure technology
  • Trailer sway control
  • Blown bulb and trailer detection and fitted with a towbar

shelbygt350

First Name
Robert wolfe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
I talked to my dealer nothing good came out of it .I did call a company about what they sold the tech guy said to use this one primus IQ part # 90160 has anyone used this one thanks

RangerJeff

First Name
TheJeffness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX
What exactly is the AEB? how do you know if an aftermarket controller is compatible with it or not?