Running board recommendations after my lift and wheels

Flip

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just going to give some context to answer questions I might be asked. I installed the 3.5 Inch Rough Country with XD Heist 20 inch Milled wrapped in Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/55/20. They ride great and it’s pretty quiet for the type of wheels. They do rub only on the driver intrusion bar. I ordered the BDS intrusion bar kit for $77 and plan to install soon. I’m just up in the air for running boards. I like the “Tyger Blade” running board but I also like the running bars with lowered hanging steps. Any suggestions?

561CF531-9CD2-4AD8-B042-713EA31168E6.jpeg

5FC3D566-BB79-473B-887C-07401CA42C01.jpeg
Sponsored

Popeyejon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2010 Mustang GT
Occupation
Retired
I went with Black Horse Extreme 5" oval in black. Tire and wheel combo looks awesome, btw.

20190926_110944.jpg

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I just installed a set of Steelcraft STX600 running boards on mine. They are inexpensive and and look pretty good to me. I have a leveling kit and larger tires, so bought them so I don't destroy my seat getting in and out of the truck. Also, I like how they tuck up close to the cab and seem like they will protect my rockers/lower doors from stones.

But, for disclosure, I have a Super Cab..... So, my options are slim

Will post a picture when it's not raining, dark, and gloomy..... Michigan weather :frown:

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
I just bought the DSS as well based on FULLSCALES recommendation.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a set of Steelcraft STX600 running boards on mine. They are inexpensive and and look pretty good to me. I have a leveling kit and larger tires, so bought them so I don't destroy my seat getting in and out of the truck. Also, I like how they tuck up close to the cab and seem like they will protect my rockers/lower doors from stones.

But, for disclosure, I have a Super Cab..... So, my options are slim

Will post a picture when it's not raining, dark, and gloomy..... Michigan weather :frown:

Hi Chris,

Yep...know Mi weather well....that is why I am in sunny and warm Arizona... Good luck with the upcoming white stuff... YUK!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
Glad I could help! Did you get them installed?
I’ll do it tomorrow. Pics to follow.

I like the look and hopefully they meet my needs. I plan to use my truck off-road, but more as a means to an end (hunting) rather than off-roading with that purpose in mind. I’m looking for a reasonable bit of protection and hopefully these do it. The alternative was rock sliders but they’re heavy and more expensive.

RangerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Vehicle Showcase
Been really please with the Westin HDX series. But like previously mentioned being a SC limits the choices.
20190920_183446.jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’ll do it tomorrow. Pics to follow.

I like the look and hopefully they meet my needs. I plan to use my truck off-road, but more as a means to an end (hunting) rather than off-roading with that purpose in mind. I’m looking for a reasonable bit of protection and hopefully these do it. The alternative was rock sliders but they’re heavy and more expensive.
I think you’ll be happy with them. They protect the rocker well, the only downside is when you use the higher set of holes in the brackets they stick out the bottom just slightly but everything is still higher than the frame.

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Hi Chris,

Yep...know Mi weather well....that is why I am in sunny and warm Arizona... Good luck with the upcoming white stuff... YUK!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hey Phil,

Yup, sometimes you just have to wait 10 minutes.... or 10 days for the weather to break.

-----

Here's pictures of my Steelcrafts STX600;

Ab0Fo3N.jpg

m0Xqc2O.jpg

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Hey Phil,

Yup, sometimes you just have to wait 10 minutes.... or 10 days for the weather to break.

-----

Here's pictures of my Steelcrafts STX600;

Ab0Fo3N.jpg

m0Xqc2O.jpg
I'm interested in these, could you tell me how close they mount to the pinch seam ? Looking for something that doesn't stick out too wide. Its a toss up between these and the DSS that @FULLSCALE has

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Been really please with the Westin HDX series. But like previously mentioned being a SC limits the choices.
20190920_183446.jpg
This is what I'm looking at. I like the ones with the stainless steps. I tried the Ford boards on a Ranger at my dealer and think on these the steps will be a little lower and further away from the cab - both desireable features IMO. Really hard to tell how things look on vendor sites so appreciate the pic. I have SC also.
Sponsored