Disable movement lockout

RangerJeff

First Name
TheJeffness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX
has anyone found a way to disable the lockout when vehicle is moving? I know it’s a safety feature but it’s aggravating that passengers can’t access all my pandora stations until we stop.
Sponsored

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
There's a Forscan setting "Navigation in Motion" that allows you to change nav destinations, do texting, and change settings while driving.

I've done it and it works well. Haven't tried it with pandora but imagine it would work.

There's a Forscan thread that explains how to make changes.

Setting code:

APIM 7D0-02-01
5753 xxxx xxxx

OP
OP
RangerJeff

RangerJeff

First Name
TheJeffness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX
There's a Forscan setting "Navigation in Motion" that allows you to change nav destinations, do texting, and change settings while driving.

I've done it and it works well. Haven't tried it with pandora but imagine it would work.

Setting code:

APIM 7D0-02-01
5753 xxxx xxxx
Thank you.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone found a way to disable the lockout when vehicle is moving? I know it’s a safety feature but it’s aggravating that passengers can’t access all my pandora stations until we stop.
Hi Jeff,

Inside the company we call this feature Detroit Locks. If you are in Detroit city limits, and you have unlocked doors, you will likely be car jacked. A key feature for living in the Detroit area.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
RangerJeff

RangerJeff

First Name
TheJeffness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX
Hi Jeff,

Inside the company we call this feature Detroit Locks. If you are in Detroit city limits, and you have unlocked doors, you will likely be car jacked. A key feature for living in the Detroit area.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thank you for the reply, but I think we are talking about two different features. I don’t mind the doors locking. I just don’t want the radio to limit functions because the vehicle is in motion. For example, I can’t scroll through pandora stations, and neither can a passenger until the car is stopped. It gives a message something like “For your safety, some options have been disabled while vehicle is in motion”. I want to turn that off

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the reply, but I think we are talking about two different features. I don’t mind the doors locking. I just don’t want the radio to limit functions because the vehicle is in motion. For example, I can’t scroll through pandora stations, and neither can a passenger until the car is stopped. It gives a message something like “For your safety, some options have been disabled while vehicle is in motion”. I want to turn that off
Hi Jeff,

Okay...got it....I understand now....Sigh...thick skull on this one....Wish I could help, but not able to at this time... Friend from Autonomous Vehicles at Ford will be visiting this winter and bringing his laptop so we can peer into the ECU etc...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You can disable this movement lock on the Navigation system with Forscan by setting a different locale. I'm not sure if it corrects the issue with Pandora, but it might be worth a try.

It's completely unacceptable for this to occur as the voice commands are nowhere near sufficient, and it requires someone to either pull over or exit the expressway EVEN IF THERE IS A PASSENGER...

People who design cars should be required to own and use a car...

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
My biggest beef is the text responses. Look, I TOTALLY agree that you should not text a drive. But, since the system let's me read the texts, it should allow me to respond with something other than it's 15 poorly thought out responses. I should either be able to response with voice or I should be able to set my own preset responses. Just Sayin'...

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My biggest beef is the text responses. Look, I TOTALLY agree that you should not text a drive. But, since the system let's me read the texts, it should allow me to respond with something other than it's 15 poorly thought out responses. I should either be able to response with voice or I should be able to set my own preset responses. Just Sayin'...
Apple Car Play lets me respond to texts, so it's stupid that Ford couldn't add a speech to text reply feature.

OP
OP
RangerJeff

RangerJeff

First Name
TheJeffness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX
You can disable this movement lock on the Navigation system with Forscan by setting a different locale. I'm not sure if it corrects the issue with Pandora, but it might be worth a try.

It's completely unacceptable for this to occur as the voice commands are nowhere near sufficient, and it requires someone to either pull over or exit the expressway EVEN IF THERE IS A PASSENGER...

People who design cars should be required to own and use a car...
Thank you. And I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Android auto also let's you respond to text, or even start a text too.

Just say "hey google, send text message"

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Android auto also let's you respond to text, or even start a text too.

Just say "hey google, send text message"
Yeah, the problem is, if you use Android auto, you can't use all of the other Sync3 features that I think are great. I like the built in nav better than Google maps and really like the audio GUI. Except for being able to text, I find AA to be rather weak. Not to mention that, when you use AA, it uses your phone mic for calls and not the mic that is above you in the headliner. It makes it sound like you are in a bucket. Ugh!

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the problem is, if you use Android auto, you can't use all of the other Sync3 features that I think are great. I like the built in nav better than Google maps and really like the audio GUI. Except for being able to text, I find AA to be rather weak. Not to mention that, when you use AA, it uses your phone mic for calls and not the mic that is above you in the headliner. It makes it sound like you are in a bucket. Ugh!
You switch in and out of AA easy enough by just pushing the home button. I don't have nav, because I had no need for it with AA. Let me know how good your factory one works after a few years. My '16 Explorer factory nav stopped working just after the warranty expired.

I don't think that's correct about AA using the phone mic, as I always leave my phone in the lower console, and nobody has ever complained about the call quality. Maybe it's your phone.

gmadams

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 4X4

Setting code:

APIM 7D0-02-01
5753 xxxx xxxx
I just made this change. One obvious difference is that the Language is now "UK" instead of "US". "Favorites" is now spelled "Favourites". It does allow me to choose a destination while in motion.
Sponsored