Truck doing some wacky things...

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
Maybe I’m lucky .. only time I’ve ever experienced anything like what you describe is if I accidentally move the 4 wheel drive knob .. I’m 5000 miles in I deliver pizzas in my ranger about 60 miles of that a day 5 days a week .. lots of engine turning off for safety.. lots of u turns ( but I go slow ) .. lots of transition from 45 to 25 and below .. I’ve hung up the sync a few times .. sounds like some serious connector issues with your truck .. shit not plugged in right .. that would cause confusion in computers ..... if my 42000 dollar truck did any of that shit like you describe it be documented with cel phone video and a diary .. truck be gone and I’d get another one or money back .. period
Sponsored

brokenfib

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger (Lariat FX4), 2001 Ford Ranger (Edge 4x4), 2012 Subaru Outback
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I’m lucky .. only time I’ve ever experienced anything like what you describe is if I accidentally move the 4 wheel drive knob .. I’m 5000 miles in I deliver pizzas in my ranger about 60 miles of that a day 5 days a week .. lots of engine turning off for safety.. lots of u turns ( but I go slow ) .. lots of transition from 45 to 25 and below .. I’ve hung up the sync a few times .. sounds like some serious connector issues with your truck .. shit not plugged in right .. that would cause confusion in computers ..... if my 42000 dollar truck did any of that shit like you describe it be documented with cel phone video and a diary .. truck be gone and I’d get another one or money back .. period
I totally agree, and what I'm trying to do now is get the 'corner grinding' on video so I can show the dealer. I am just under 3K miles, and it's happening once a week or more. I have no understanding of lemon laws, or what obligation the dealer would be under to replace a truck under these conditions though. Somehow I suspect that may be easier said than done, but I may be wrong.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I totally agree, and what I'm trying to do now is get the 'corner grinding' on video so I can show the dealer. I am just under 3K miles, and it's happening once a week or more. I have no understanding of lemon laws, or what obligation the dealer would be under to replace a truck under these conditions though. Somehow I suspect that may be easier said than done, but I may be wrong.
Pretty simple google search.

https://dcp.utah.gov/consumerinfo/automobiles.html

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I'm at 5000 miles, and truck has been doing some strange stuff. No CEL however.

1. Random loses a gear sometimes. Literally the engine will rev high and then find the gear. Happens around 4th I want to say.

2. Coming out of a driveway, turning right and accelerating there is a grinding in the front end, maybe it's the traction control?

3. This was pretty big one today, almost call a tow truck.

Remote started, got in put the key in, shifted to reverse, went to feet and entire truck went nuts. Stut off, and prompted terrain management failure, advance track failure, see manual and would not start back up. :frown:

I turned the key off for a few seconds, and then everything was fine.

I hope this is not the beginning of things to come
I'm at 6500'ish miles and now my truck is doing the same things. I'm getting something like a boost loss on the shift between third and fourth gear, but only when the engine is cold and only the first time it goes through the gears. If I come to a stop and then take off again, it doesn't repeat the issue. Totally frustrating. Also, the other day, for the first time ever, I got that grinding and ABS light thing on a hard right turn out of a driveway. It went away as soon as I straightened up the wheel though and hasn't came back since then.

I'm getting worried about quality issues and I've never had a vehicle leave me stranded...

brokenfib

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger (Lariat FX4), 2001 Ford Ranger (Edge 4x4), 2012 Subaru Outback
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at 6500'ish miles and now my truck is doing the same things. I'm getting something like a boost loss on the shift between third and fourth gear, but only when the engine is cold and only the first time it goes through the gears. If I come to a stop and then take off again, it doesn't repeat the issue. Totally frustrating. Also, the other day, for the first time ever, I got that grinding and ABS light thing on a hard right turn out of a driveway. It went away as soon as I straightened up the wheel though and hasn't came back since then.

I'm getting worried about quality issues and I've never had a vehicle leave me stranded...
I finally got the dealer to replicate last week, and they diagnosed it as a fault with the shift solenoid. They applied TSB-2052 (not sure why that would solve it) and said it didn't happen after they did so. Didn't work, still happening for me. Scheduled to be back in with them on 9/19 to see what's next. Will update when I get a satisfactory solution from them.

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got the dealer to replicate last week, and they diagnosed it as a fault with the shift solenoid. They applied TSB-2052 (not sure why that would solve it) and said it didn't happen after they did so. Didn't work, still happening for me. Scheduled to be back in with them on 9/19 to see what's next. Will update when I get a satisfactory solution from them.
I am in the thread with 4th gear problems. Having the SAME thing. Just picked it up last night after they “fixed” it and same thing happening. This is the 3rd attempt and in Fl I’m now within lemon law statutes. I’m at 5600 miles. Calling customer care today to see what they can do before I move forward with lemon law. Doesn’t look like a lot of this problem happening though.

Eric Reese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Ive stalked this forum for a while looking to see if anyone had this issue. My truck has been flawless for 4K miles but 1 intersection that I turn left on will cause a grinding noise if I turn and push the gas at the same time. It has happened multiple times and it is the only intersection it occurs in. It is a slight downhill then a quick uphill while turning. If I stay off of the gas, then there is no grinding but a little roughness. I havent contacted the dealer yet but plan do when my reg maintenance is due.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
You deliver pizza with a 42k truck? I'm curious why. My son does the same with a beater 5k car...

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
The TSB addressed my fourth gear shift issue. Haven't had the ABS issue come back...yet.

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The TSB addressed my fourth gear shift issue. Haven't had the ABS issue come back...yet.
It did for me for a very short while. I’m currently in discussions with fords customer care. Been super nice so far!