3791eidde

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I have been seeing alot of different products on my Facebook lately. Mainly waxes, mirror finishes, ceramic finishes.
Alot of TopCoat F11 and Tourque Detail Mirror Shine. My question is, are these products any good or are they just a gimmick? Is there a product that gives good results?
Sponsored

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I have been seeing alot of different products on my Facebook lately. Mainly waxes, mirror finishes, ceramic finishes.
Alot of TopCoat F11 and Tourque Detail Mirror Shine. My question is, are these products any good or are they just a gimmick? Is there a product that gives good results?
I've used F11 on my F150 for years with great results but like you, I've been seeing a lot about Tourque. I think I may look into a ceramic product.

Whatever I go with, I want to clay bar it first then lay a good coat of whatever I decide to go with. Problem is finding the time to get it done. I'll need an entire day to do it right.

I'm certainly interested in hearing others opinions.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
There are a bunch of topics in the: Cosmetic Upkeep - Cleaning, Detailing, Protecting section, 2 sections below :like:

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
In a moment of weakness, I bit on a Torque add "Buy 2 get 1 Free" and I bought their stripper soap/iron remover along with their clay pad and clay lubricant. Here is my first hand take:
Don't by the soap and clay products, you'll get as good if not better stripping results from Dawn. Us a dedicated Iron removal product if you wish. Mothers "Clay Bar Pad" used with wash water (Dawn) works better.
Now does the Torque Mirror shine work? In a word YES! I can not attest to its durability yet but it shines like a Mofo!
I used this on my Mustang instead of my Ranger because the Ranger had just been waxed recently and didn't need it and the Mustang was due it's annual detail clean and wax.
I normally strip, machine compound, polish and wax my vehicles once a year with just maintenance and re-polish and waxing as necessary. I decided to give Torque a try this year with the thought that I could always strip it if I didn't like it. Time will tell as I am going cross country in the Mustang in a couple weeks.

For those who are curious about F11, I have tried that too (on the Mustang testbed) a couple of years ago. It does EVERYTHING it claims but I found it too expensive so I reverted to my traditional products.
Sponsored