Crazy loud fax machine / static noise coming through speakers after about 2-5 mins

Sjramy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Black and Blue
Thought I'd post about this before I take it to the dealer (well my nearby dealer, I got the truck from >100 miles away). I've got a Lightening Blue Lariat with BAP, Fx4 and tech. So I've got the B&O speakers.

About 2-5 minutes after I get into the truck, regardless of starting or just sitting there, I get this loud "beep" and a bunch of static coming through the speakers. I'm pretty sure this isn't the fuel pump noise. It's coming through the speakers.

Anyone know what this could be? Anyone else have a long beep after a period of time?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I'd post about this before I take it to the dealer (well my nearby dealer, I got the truck from >100 miles away). I've got a Lightening Blue Lariat with BAP, Fx4 and tech. So I've got the B&O speakers.

About 2-5 minutes after I get into the truck, regardless of starting or just sitting there, I get this loud "beep" and a bunch of static coming through the speakers. I'm pretty sure this isn't the fuel pump noise. It's coming through the speakers.

Anyone know what this could be? Anyone else have a long beep after a period of time?
Door not closed?

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Sjramy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Phil, I think they're all closed, well I'm pretty sure I'd notice and I'm not seeing any warning on the cluster. It starts with long "beeeep" like it's some kind of internal sensor, it's super crackly. I was thinking it could be a sound that it could be making for a warning, but it's like there's static interference coming through.

OP
OP

Sjramy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just made sure all the doors were really well closed. Defiantly not that.

Took a look at the B&O amp and disconnected some wires. Seems that it's the top plug of the three (or rather something sending that signal to the amp) that's causing the problem. From experimenting I think it's the main input to the amp and I suspect *something* is sending a "beep". Just wish I knew what. All other audio is perfectly clear.

I've also now run all the speakers test from the Sync tests menu and all the speakers and the audio output from the sync system seems normal. Something is putting that beep on the wire that's not part of the sync system. Could it be a security feature of some type?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sjramy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solved. Posting in case anyone else encounters this problem...

Dealer investigated, tested lots of wiring to see if there was a ground or any RF interference. Turned out to be none of that and the B&O amp was faulty. Replaced under warranty and all is good now!
Sponsored