Bushwacker Fenders, Wheel Spacers and a few other goodies installed...

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4, 99 SVT Cobra, 23 Mach 1
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
can I request a front view from further away? curious on how it looks with the fenders. I have a set of spacers on order with the same wheel offset and still debating on whether to do fender flares or not.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
The wheel spacers I used, mount to the hub and have their own studs to safely mount the wheel. No need for longer studs, as the existing studs fit inside the spacer.

s-l1600.jpg

Hubcentric is ideal, but the only ones I could find were from international sources and were pretty pricey at $210 from China. The ones I bought were $80ish from ebay, labeled for a Toyota Tacoma. Fortunately we share the same lug pattern and thread pitch, but not hub bore.

I've only got about 100 miles on them so far, no vibrations or anything with these installed. I made sure to tighten them in sequence and torque them down equally at 90lbs.

Hope this helps!
just a FYI for anyone looking at spacers. The Ranger has more of a oddball size hub. Or less common/difficult to find. Bora can make a set specifically for the Rangers 93.1mm hub with the same stud threads. Some if not the best quality spacers with a limetime warranty. Don't skimp when it comes to costs on spacers. There are a lot of cheap China ones out there that aren't heat treated that will fail

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
can I request a front view from further away? curious on how it looks with the fenders. I have a set of spacers on order with the same wheel offset and still debating on whether to do fender flares or not.
48734120192_34dc5cb3d1_k.jpg
2019-09-14 15.40.39 by Mugatu, on Flickr

48733938656_972375aa54_k.jpg
2019-09-14 15.39.48 by Mugatu, on Flickr

What angle do you want to see? Front and side at a distance?

The Air Design fender flares are also nice, though they don't stick out as aggressively as the Bushwackers. It may work out better as far as aesthetics with the spacers since at two inches, it's still not quite flush with the Bushwackers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
just a FYI for anyone looking at spacers. The Ranger has more of a oddball size hub. Or less common/difficult to find. Bora can make a set specifically for the Rangers 93.1mm hub with the same stud threads. Some if not the best quality spacers with a limetime warranty. Don't skimp when it comes to costs on spacers. There are a lot of cheap China ones out there that aren't heat treated that will fail
Though I haven't had any problems, my spacers were not only cheap but are not hubcentric so I plan on moving to a set of wheels with the ideal offset I want soon.

www.motorsport-tech.com is another shop option that can do custom quality spacers with similar warranty.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
48734120192_34dc5cb3d1_k.jpg
2019-09-14 15.40.39 by Mugatu, on Flickr

48733938656_972375aa54_k.jpg
2019-09-14 15.39.48 by Mugatu, on Flickr

What angle do you want to see? Front and side at a distance?

The Air Design fender flares are also nice, though they don't stick out as aggressively as the Bushwackers. It may work out better as far as aesthetics with the spacers since at two inches, it's still not quite flush with the Bushwackers.
Straight torward the front so I can see how your wheel lines up with the fender flare.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Though I haven't had any problems, my spacers were not only cheap but are not hubcentric so I plan on moving to a set of wheels with the ideal offset I want soon.

www.motorsport-tech.com is another shop option that can do custom quality spacers with similar warranty.
that's where I ordered my Bora spacers from. ^^

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
How much did you pay for the extensions? I called air design and they wouldnt let me purchase the extensions only. They said i had to purchase the whole kit. Maybe if i give them a name drop they'll hook me up .

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Straight torward the front so I can see how your wheel lines up with the fender flare.
48733939381_87dd629ab6_b.jpg
2019-09-14 15.39.25 by Mugatu, on Flickr

48733937311_e5875d3437_b.jpg
2019-09-14 15.41.03 by Mugatu, on Flickr

The angles are different between the Bushwacker and Air Design and they are most noticeable on the corners.

Truth be told, in hindsight I probably would've just gone with Air Design's kit. In my research (for what I wanted), I found that there are better wheel selection that fit the Air Design fenders. In addition, Air Design products are really nicely made too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either option, it's more subjective than anything else..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
How much did you pay for the extensions? I called air design and they wouldnt let me purchase the extensions only. They said i had to purchase the whole kit. Maybe if i give them a name drop they'll hook me up .
I don't remember the exact cost but I remember it was reasonable ($200?). I bought their tailgate spoiler & fender vents along with the extensions. Perhaps that's why they were okay with me buying the extensions individually?

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I don't remember the exact cost but I remember it was reasonable ($200?). I bought their tailgate spoiler & fender vents along with the extensions. Perhaps that's why they were okay with me buying the extensions individually?
Dang it! Shouldve asked again when I bought the hood from them! Thanks for the info! Great build!

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Dang it! Shouldve asked again when I bought the hood from them! Thanks for the info! Great build!
Thanks for the complement!
Sponsored