Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Houston we have a problem. Lol
Training this week will be finding solutions for the problems indicated on ranger5g.com.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Houston we have a problem. Lol
Training this week will be finding solutions for the problems indicated on ranger5g.com.
What do you think they will say when I call them asking to remove and lube my (drive) shaft?

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What do you think they will say when I call them asking to remove and lube my (drive) shaft?
Hi Chance

I would say with your approach, likely not anything. However if you indicate your problem and reference the F150, they would likely take it on.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Chance

I would say with your approach, likely not anything. However if you indicate your problem and reference the F150, they would likely take it on.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Unfortunately, neither of my dealerships have ever given me great confidence in their work. It's bad enough where I would literally end up rechecking each bolt they removed as I wouldn't trust them to understand how to properly use a torque wrench... I'll likely end up marking my own driveshaft, removing all the bolts, and lubing with high temp silicone or moly grease. These dealers are all about them Benjamins, and it shows...

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, neither of my dealerships have ever given me great confidence in their work. It's bad enough where I would literally end up rechecking each bolt they removed as I wouldn't trust them to understand how to properly use a torque wrench... I'll likely end up marking my own driveshaft, removing all the bolts, and lubing with high temp silicone or moly grease. These dealers are all about them Benjamins, and it shows...
Hi Chance,

Yeah...I do not really trust dealerships either! My goal with Ranger was to get it right out the door and never have the customer endure warranty work. For the most part that worked but supplier quality was always a downfall Body and Assembly has a Supplier Quality Assurance area that supposedly held a supplier's feet to the fire so to speak, but it still happened...horror story after horror story. Also with our test fleet of prototypes I held the principle that "There is no such thing as a ONEZEE" If our limited sample size of vehicles showed one problem on only one vehicle, you can bet there will be more in the field, so we investigated and determined what was needed to fix the vehicle and ensure production vehicles were never affected.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Chance,

Yeah...I do not really trust dealerships either! My goal with Ranger was to get it right out the door and never have the customer endure warranty work. For the most part that worked but supplier quality was always a downfall Body and Assembly has a Supplier Quality Assurance area that supposedly held a supplier's feet to the fire so to speak, but it still happened...horror story after horror story. Also with our test fleet of prototypes I held the principle that "There is no such thing as a ONEZEE" If our limited sample size of vehicles showed one problem on only one vehicle, you can bet there will be more in the field, so we investigated and determined what was needed to fix the vehicle and ensure production vehicles were never affected.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I know vehicles have gotten nothing but more complicated over the years, but you would think the things that would be buggy would be software related (hello TCM), etc. So far, I'm seeing far too many mechanical issues for a truck that isn't even a first year. Especially on things like axles and drive line (excluding engine and trans). None of that stuff should be "wonky" at this point, and all the parts should come attached at delivery.

GrayGen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received Ranger September 19th. Hot Pepper Red Lariat 4x2. Locking rear axle 501 package Spray bedliner Bed extender & more
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is my 4th vehicle forum I have belonged to and I am constantly amazed at the overall accuracy of the info. My Lariat is supposed to be here next week and I'm ready to "hit the ground running " with the info I've read. Thanks to all who help and hopefully I'll be able to offer my share of support as time goes on. Thanks to all so far, even those with Hot Red Pepper pictures. Those pics have made the wait for my Ranger more tolerable. :)

Srgraham1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Got this from my Ford Connect, retiree weekly newsletter via email. Hope this works out for Ranger owners that need assistance!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...-call-center-focused-truck-owners/2264671001/

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Thanks Phil. Any chance that news letter also provided contact info for the call center? Buddy in the market has some questions and would rather not work through dealer to answer them. Google failed me and the article you linked didnt provide and contact info. TIA - Steve

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Phil. Any chance that news letter also provided contact info for the call center? Buddy in the market has some questions and would rather not work through dealer to answer them. Google failed me and the article you linked didnt provide and contact info. TIA - Steve
Hi Steve,

Newsletter did not provide a phone number either, so I expect you call Ford Customer Care and asked to be transferred to the Truck Call Center....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored