• Watchers 38

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
I bought these back in 2014, and I don't know if they make them anymore. They are Warn W350F Halogen "Fog" Lights. They're more wide angle directional than far reaching beam. Great for seeing deer in the ditches, and since they are warm tone halogens they cut through the fog and snow better than bright white/cool LEDs, which is exactly what I wanted them for. Originally had them on my Subaru, but since they are wireless and easy to uninstall, I took them off to keep before trading it in for my Ranger.

They have a pivot bracket, so I just got some longer bolts and large area washers and clamped them right up through the lower slot on the grille. No drilling required, which is nice since I wasn't sure I wanted to drill holes in my new truck quite yet. Even if it was just the plastic bumper piece. Then they basically just route through a control box and hook-up to the battery. Then I have a wireless fob in the cab that I can turn them on or off. I can grab some more detailed pictures later on if you'd like.

This is the page from my order 5 years ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003G9SDOW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have you a link for wirless fob ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 1634

Have you a link for wirless fob ?
The wireless fob comes with it. It's a complete set. Otherwise there would be no way to turn the lights on/off. No need to buy it separately.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It's a shame, but due to people running bar lights on the highway with lights on, many states are banning them. My state, NC is one of them. I'm not able to pin down whether just having them on the truck (lights off) is legal on the highway. That's why I went with pods instead.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
It's a shame, but due to people running bar lights on the highway with lights on, many states are banning them. My state, NC is one of them. I'm not able to pin down whether just having them on the truck (lights off) is legal on the highway. That's why I went with pods instead.
Not claiming to be a legal expert, especially on other state's laws, but from what I've seen, they are 100% legal everywhere if they're off and covered. Don't know if this helps at all, but something to consider.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Not claiming to be a legal expert, especially on other state's laws, but from what I've seen, they are 100% legal everywhere if they're off and covered. Don't know if this helps at all, but something to consider.
Hmmm...I'm confused...

https://www.taylorsvilletimes.com/2...l-prohibit-use-of-light-bar-devices-on-roads/

Quote...The bill language states that “no person shall drive a motor vehicle on the highways of this State while using a light bar lighting device. This subsection does not apply to or otherwise restrict use of a light bar lighting device with strobing lights. For purposes of this subsection, the term ‘light bar lighting device’ means a bar-shaped lighting device comprised of multiple lamps capable of projecting a beam of light at an intensity greater than [25 candlepower].”

Does "operating" just mean having the lights on or have them mounted? 25 candlepower?! A good lighter can do better than that lol...

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm...I'm confused...

https://www.taylorsvilletimes.com/2...l-prohibit-use-of-light-bar-devices-on-roads/

Quote...The bill language states that “no person shall drive a motor vehicle on the highways of this State while using a light bar lighting device. This subsection does not apply to or otherwise restrict use of a light bar lighting device with strobing lights. For purposes of this subsection, the term ‘light bar lighting device’ means a bar-shaped lighting device comprised of multiple lamps capable of projecting a beam of light at an intensity greater than [25 candlepower].”

Does "operating" just mean having the lights on or have them mounted? 25 candlepower?! A good lighter can do better than that lol...
Per that language, use would be having them turned on. I believe some states require them to be covered (and I don't know if that is so that you can't turn them on/off, or if it's because of the reflective surface).

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Pretty slick

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a 25.5" led lightbar behind the grille of my 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. I couldn't mount it in the bottom of the bumper because of my adaptive cruise control sensor.

20190907_110454.jpg

Do you have a link to the light bar? Also any more pics/details of how you mounted it? I've been wanting to do this also since we are limited on mounting light bars with the adaptive cruise module.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I like that too.....

Mjersk

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Ford Escape
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
20 inch rough country bar with modified brackets from FordRangerLifts.com. Interior is set up with fascia and switches from light force Australia.

1249FA0F-8C5B-4065-888C-C6DE6A3AB7E9.jpeg

FASRanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2014 Mustang GT/CS and a 1989 GT Mustang vert.
Occupation
Aerospace Lab Technician
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a 25.5" led lightbar behind the grille of my 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. I couldn't mount it in the bottom of the bumper because of my adaptive cruise control sensor.

20190907_110454.jpg

20190907_163208.jpg

20190907_163148.jpg
i'm thinking about removing my adaptive cruise control sensor , one because I don't use it and 2 I want that rough country 20" light bar to be tucked down there in that opening...has anyone removed the sensor...anything I should know?? Thanx a lot in advance
Sponsored