TPMS Receiver Location?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I don't understand the logic of defeating a safety device, let a lone a non-$0 amount to do so. Nor do I understand the logic of $40,000 truck, $1000 aftermarket wheels and tires, won't spend $100 to have a tire shop pull some tpms sensors. Good luck with that:thumbsdown:
4 TPMS sensors in a PVC pipe with a valve stem, and a screw on cap is pretty easy to keep under the backseat of the truck too... I air down a few times a year, and yeah, the TPMS sensors are annoying, but I actually appreciate the information they provide. I'm happy now that Ford actually tells you which tire is low now instead of making you go out and hunt for the tire with the nail in it...
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Anyone find out if you can have two full sets of wheels programmed to the truck or do you have to re-learn them when you swap? Also whats the best way to re-learn the TPMS sensors when you swap wheels?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Does the spare tire have a tpms?
Not that I know of. Have never seen one on a pickup spare. I know my fleet of work vehicles don't have one on the spare.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one that feels a tpms on the spare makes sense?
Hi John,

No...you are not the only one. I would like to have one on the spare too. I do not know if 5G Ranger has one or not. I do not know the exact TPMS Federal Regulations as to if it is required or not. A bit of research on the TREAD ACT indicates the spare tire is not included in the Federal regulations.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retried

mrphixit

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Retired 1988
Hi John,

No...you are not the only one. I would like to have one on the spare too. I do not know if 5G Ranger has one or not. I do not know the exact TPMS Federal Regulations as to if it is required or not. A bit of research on the TREAD ACT indicates the spare tire is not included in the Federal regulations.

wonder if you have a 5th one if it will pick up and display
John

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retried

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Hi John,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retried
Wasn't the Mandate of TPMS sensors because of the Ford Explorer / Firestone Rollovers of the late 90s?

And I have to say, TPMS are great until one has a problem. On a previous vehicle the dash would just show a big Triangle with !.... you couldnt see the Pressures just that there was an issue.

The only solution? a $260 Replacement/Remount/Re-program from the dealer. (Not a Ford)

Told em to GO F*** yourself. I drove it without TPMS for 3 years instead. A module to disable this NANNY crap would have been awesome to me.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor