First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
@svache What if you tighten the rear clamp first, then the front, then the center. It seems like either the bed caps have a little bit of an arch to them, or else the Truxedo rails have a bit of an arch the opposite way. My Sentry cover was like that too, but I pushed down on the rear hard enough to make them sit flush when tightening the clamps.
Sponsored

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
@svache What if you tighten the rear clamp first, then the front, then the center. It seems like either the bed caps have a little bit of an arch to them, or else the Truxedo rails have a bit of an arch the opposite way. My Sentry cover was like that too, but I pushed down on the rear hard enough to make them sit flush when tightening the clamps.
I think I tried that, but will give it another try. I tried several things so maybe I'm thinking I did it and actually didn't lol. Thanks! :)

Alex jones

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Yep, and don't get me wrong, their instructions were crap. I had to call them on the bulkhead section. But...now that I've had mine installed for a couple months, I can say I absolutely love it (Truxedo Pro X15). And mine has proven to be 100% water tight through storms and the car wash - not a single drop of water.
For your waterproofness did you install a tailgate seal too??? Also - did they include something to cover up the HUGE holes between that tailgate and the cab in the corners?

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
My cover is a Ford/Truxport and I told them that the should redesign/extend the accessory rail to address the cab end corner leak problem. They just ignored that. I filled my gaps up with foam pieces. Seems to work ok. I also have a tailgate seal and will probably install it soon. It's on my todo list. LOL.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, looks like I didn't do it in this order yet lol :LOL: just did what you said and it worked out like a charm :D Thank you so much for the suggestion!

I have to say I'm still not too happy about the little space between the seam (or whatever it's called) and the tailgate, it still seems like there's plenty of chance water is going to leak through, but at least it looks better!

20190827_101246.jpg

20190827_101238.jpg

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One other thing I have been wondering about, is that bit where the cover latches onto the rail (tailgate end). They say it's a spring plunger, and I have to be honest that I may not be understanding correctly (maybe due to a language barrier, English isn't my first language), but shouldn't that mean that it could be pushed in with enough force? For some reason it seems like it's all just solid on that end. Is that normal?

We're dealing with pretty warm weather right now but I'm a bit afraid that when it turns cooler in a few months, that the cover will lose it's tension (I know I can readjust it but still) if it's not in fact working as a spring...

Just in case, this is the part I'm talking about:

20190827_101020.jpg

Oradank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Can anyone post pics of their brackets installed with sprayed on bedliner? Or how you modified it to work, just recieved my cover today didnt get the accessory bar or bulkhead weather strip or the 6 clamps to hold the rails i was also having trouble trying to install those brackets. Any help is appreciated

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Oradank - at the tailgate side I used a sharp (new) utility knife, and scratched in lines roughly around the area the brackets had to sit. Then I used a flat screw driver to scrape the liner off. On the cab side I screwed the brackets in and gave it a bit of a kick with my feet to get the bracket "re-adjusted" (if you do this, don't kick too hard lol). It worked for me like that to get it adjusted enough.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine with the spray in bedliner. Didn't make any adjustments and it worked out fine. Only thing is they are now shipping with cheaper parts. They no longer have the bulkhead accessory rail. It's just a thick piece of foam.

CWOJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Just installed mine with the spray in bedliner. Didn't make any adjustments and it worked out fine. Only thing is they are now shipping with cheaper parts. They no longer have the bulkhead accessory rail. It's just a thick piece of foam.
How is the thick piece of foam working for you? I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying the Truxedo because they got rid of the accessory rail. Also, how well does the foam work with spray in bedliner? I heard there were problems with foam sticking to the spray in liner. And anbody else have issues with this foam piece vs accessory rail?

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
How is the thick piece of foam working for you? I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying the Truxedo because they got rid of the accessory rail. Also, how well does the foam work with spray in bedliner? I heard there were problems with foam sticking to the spray in liner. And anbody else have issues with this foam piece vs accessory rail?
So far no problems. No leaks. I'm happy with it.

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
Went with the Truxport since it sits on top of the bed rails and not in between them bed is narrow enough. Had it installed since it was a good price and the shop threw in weather striping for the tailgate gaps.

excellent service from Cap City

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Installed the Truxedo Lo Pro. New version has a foam piece for cab side that just sticks on

Lo Pro foam.jpg

Lo Pro.jpg

Lo Pro 2.jpg

CWOJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Installed the Truxedo Lo Pro. New version has a foam piece for cab side that just sticks on
Yes, I don’t really care for the large foam piece but I love my cover so far. I only really had the issue the one night we had strong winds and driving rain, since then the foam piece hasn’t been bad.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Yes, I don’t really care for the large foam piece but I love my cover so far. I only really had the issue the one night we had strong winds and driving rain, since then the foam piece hasn’t been bad.
Took me few minutes to figure out how to get the 1" x 2" foam piece in the corners first.
Sponsored