• Start date
  • Watchers 38

Shadyant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A w/Sport Package. Black on Black & 2018 Explorer Sport, Tech pkg, twin panel roof. Black on Black
Occupation
Ops Manager, Tech
Just finished adding this 22” light bar from NiLight https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019Q0WEPS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had to make my own L brackets as included ones were not a good fit for this location.

I also wired using this remote wiring kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3Y2D1X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im very pleased with the look and light output and it was super easy to install and wire up.

Angle on the final pic is bad because any further straight on made the pic unusable ha.

1372F1F2-1C3C-49DD-80C5-288268531C03.jpeg

F324C97A-05EA-4BB8-ACE3-0C443AD80E3D.jpeg

31BA41A6-82E0-490D-9643-F8DE588050F1.jpeg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

Any cooling issues? Not sure this is going to affect engine cooling or not...Don't mean to rain on your parade, but just be aware in high ambient temps in the summer...best to monitor closely

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

Any cooling issues? Not sure this is going to affect engine cooling or not...Don't mean to rain on your parade, but just be aware in high ambient temps in the summer...best to monitor closely

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I installed a 20" VisionX dual action LED bar in the front bumper, then drove 900 miles at an average speed of 75MPH in the mountains of Vermont in 90 degree weather and the truck performed amazing. I had seen @RobbyWoolworth @fordrangerlift put a Rigid one on his truck and drive it all over the Vegas desert, so I thought I could get away with it in the Northeast.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Many,

You are probably okay with this mod...especially if you run around unladen...where the concern may arise is if you load it the Truck to GVW, eg hauling 80 lb bags of concrete mix in the summer or ending up towing a trailer at close to GCW in high ambient temperatures. Just a word of caution to keep an eye on your temp gauge until you get a feel for it...

It is an interesting look for the nose of the Ranger...

best,
Phi Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I installed a 20" VisionX dual action LED bar in the front bumper, then drove 900 miles at an average speed of 75MPH in the mountains of Vermont in 90 degree weather and the truck performed amazing. I had seen @RobbyWoolworth @fordrangerlift put a Rigid one on his truck and drive it all over the Vegas desert, so I thought I could get away with it in the Northeast.

image.jpg

What spoiler is under the front?

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
The stock valence
the valance is wrapped in vinyl and the bottom spoiler is stocked

f_399

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor - Ranger Wildtrack - Ranger XLT - Everest
I have PIAA rf18 and they work great

Mjersk

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Ford Escape
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Deleted member 1634

Not a light "bar", but extra lights never-the-less. I've never been a fan of the crazy bright LED off-road lights, in either the bar or pod form. So I just repurposed the halogen Warn lights I had on my Subaru. I think they look really good. Subtle, yet still make a statement, and are bright enough. I usually use them for fog and snow, so the warm color of the halogens are better for that anyways, in my opinion. The other nice thing is that they are wirelessly controlled. Didn't have to route anything through the firewall. Just have a fob in the cabin that controls them.

Again, not for everyone obviously, but figured I'd show them off somewhere. haha

IMG_20190825_161926151_HDR.jpg

Fordrangerlifts.com

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fordrangerlifts.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger Fx4
Occupation
Fabricator
Hi Many,

You are probably okay with this mod...especially if you run around unladen...where the concern may arise is if you load it the Truck to GVW, eg hauling 80 lb bags of concrete mix in the summer or ending up towing a trailer at close to GCW in high ambient temperatures. Just a word of caution to keep an eye on your temp gauge until you get a feel for it...

It is an interesting look for the nose of the Ranger...

best,
Phi Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
The bottom of the Inter cooler stops at the top of the factory bumper. It only blocks the lower 3” of the condenser and radiator. Will see no difference in cooling or performance. It’s any worse then the adaptive cruise control box blocking the same section.

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
Not a light "bar", but extra lights never-the-less. I've never been a fan of the crazy bright LED off-road lights, in either the bar or pod form. So I just repurposed the halogen Warn lights I had on my Subaru. I think they look really good. Subtle, yet still make a statement, and are bright enough. I usually use them for fog and snow, so the warm color of the halogens are better for that anyways, in my opinion. The other nice thing is that they are wirelessly controlled. Didn't have to route anything through the firewall. Just have a fob in the cabin that controls them.

Again, not for everyone obviously, but figured I'd show them off somewhere. haha

IMG_20190825_161926151_HDR.jpg
Great il like such ligth, better look than led bar, can show us how you fut them?
Thanks !

OP
OP

Deleted member 1634

Great il like such ligth, better look than led bar, can show us how you fut them?
Thanks !
I bought these back in 2014, and I don't know if they make them anymore. They are Warn W350F Halogen "Fog" Lights. They're more wide angle directional than far reaching beam. Great for seeing deer in the ditches, and since they are warm tone halogens they cut through the fog and snow better than bright white/cool LEDs, which is exactly what I wanted them for. Originally had them on my Subaru, but since they are wireless and easy to uninstall, I took them off to keep before trading it in for my Ranger.

They have a pivot bracket, so I just got some longer bolts and large area washers and clamped them right up through the lower slot on the grille. No drilling required, which is nice since I wasn't sure I wanted to drill holes in my new truck quite yet. Even if it was just the plastic bumper piece. Then they basically just route through a control box and hook-up to the battery. Then I have a wireless fob in the cab that I can turn them on or off. I can grab some more detailed pictures later on if you'd like.

This is the page from my order 5 years ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003G9SDOW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: