Vehicle Showcase

Mick Carlson

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Why would anybody who wants to have a fast vehicle buy a midsized pickup truck? Doesn’t seem like the ideal platform for a quarter mile rocket. I’m probably missing something here.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Why would anybody who wants to have a fast vehicle buy a midsized pickup truck? Doesn’t seem like the ideal platform for a quarter mile rocket. I’m probably missing something here.
Does very well in the quarter mile!
Regards

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
9154BA0B-0D7C-44EF-8513-F664D3454618.jpeg

Same torque as a muscle car...
Regards
All very interesting, but in Honolulu's terrible traffic situation I'll have to pass on this, granted there are stoplight derbys here, but my clapped out 1999 Honda CR-V does just fine. My other 2002 CR-V beater is somewhat better,but not by much in any stretch of anyone's imagination.
Albeit anything past 5K as the tach "reports" is needless thrashing of metal. Indeed, any request from the throttle to increase speed is only met with more noise and any perceptible increase of forward motion.
I'll see how my on order 2020 SuperCab performs
The concept intrigues me however.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
All very interesting, but in Honolulu's terrible traffic situation I'll have to pass on this, granted there are stoplight derbys here, but my clapped out 1999 Honda CR-V does just fine. My other 2002 CR-V beater is somewhat better,but not by much in any stretch of anyone's imagination.
Albeit anything past 5K as the tach "reports" is needless thrashing of metal. Indeed, any request from the throttle to increase speed is only met with more noise and any perceptible increase of forward motion.
I'll see how my on order 2020 SuperCab performs
The concept intrigues me however.
You will like your new truck!
Regards

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Have you seen the times that the fullsize trucks are putting down at the strip? There are #5000+ trucks in the 11's all over the place.

The ranger is a rocket stock, and with a mild tune, it's faster than it ever needs to be. It's convenience, now I can have ridiculous acceleration, and be able to haul a bunch of stuff to a fishing spot in the woods. (The focus ST wasn't good at off-roading, and the jeep was slow as a turtle)

Reactions: Doc

Mick Carlson

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Have you seen the times that the fullsize trucks are putting down at the strip? There are #5000+ trucks in the 11's all over the place.

The ranger is a rocket stock, and with a mild tune, it's faster than it ever needs to be. It's convenience, now I can have ridiculous acceleration, and be able to haul a bunch of stuff to a fishing spot in the woods. (The focus ST wasn't good at off-roading, and the jeep was slow as a turtle)
Yeah, I’m definitely impressed with the power train - technology is amazing. I traded in a 2010 Camaro SS (426 hp, 6 speed manual transmission) and I could probably beat it with my Ranger street racing just because of the transmission. And I’m averaging just under 25 mpg with almost 4,000 miles on it. Great vehicle and I feel like I made the right decision going with the Ranger. And I agree it is fun to drive a truck that’s so quick!
Sponsored