Flatbed for the Ranger

Rescue Ranger

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 1998 Ranger supercab 4.0 4X4 xlt
I am contemplating a flatbed for my future Ranger. I have had a F250 4X4. My flatbed had 2 8foot WeatherGuard box's. The amount of fecal matter ah hmm tools you can shove into these is sometimes amazing. All 3 of my Rangers have had cross bed boxes behind the cab. While they are great to haul and secure stuff the can be a little had to reach the center from the ground. The side boxes offer a lot of flexibility I feel you can access them all the time no matter what you are hauling. Since I keep a air compressor, jacks fire extinguishers, chains, tow straps, kitchen sink.

I am looking to buy a XLT Supercab 4X4. yes I know Ford doesn't offer bed delete option for the 4x4 I figure I really will bnot have a problem selling to the first guy who gets rear ended of drops a tree on his bed
I am have a hard time finding a 6.5 foot bed does anybody know of someone that is making them. I have tried EBY, Knapeheide and a few others.
Thanks
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
There's a PDF for OEM flatbed manufacturers floating around that show where everything is routed, and how to attach the various bits, other than that, I can't help.

I think I posted the link to it in one of the threads on the brake controller, but I can't recall.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I am contemplating a flatbed for my future Ranger. I have had a F250 4X4. My flatbed had 2 8foot WeatherGuard box's. The amount of fecal matter ah hmm tools you can shove into these is sometimes amazing. All 3 of my Rangers have had cross bed boxes behind the cab. While they are great to haul and secure stuff the can be a little had to reach the center from the ground. The side boxes offer a lot of flexibility I feel you can access them all the time no matter what you are hauling. Since I keep a air compressor, jacks fire extinguishers, chains, tow straps, kitchen sink.

I am looking to buy a XLT Supercab 4X4. yes I know Ford doesn't offer bed delete option for the 4x4 I figure I really will bnot have a problem selling to the first guy who gets rear ended of drops a tree on his bed
I am have a hard time finding a 6.5 foot bed does anybody know of someone that is making them. I have tried EBY, Knapeheide and a few others.
Thanks
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/supercab-ranger-xl-with-aluminum-flatbed.4107/

They might be able to help you out. alumbody.com is the company I think that did this one for them.

Bennyboy

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
I've been talking with Randy from UTE LTD about getting a flatbed on my XLT, and the big and really only issue is the BLIS taillight, as he said.

"Removing the tail light assembly will throw codes and alarms all over the place. Hopefully we will have a fix for that soon. In the mean time, nothing we can do. We will keep working on it. -Randy UTELTD"

This was about a month ago, haven't heard any updates.

If I had a spare taillight assembly to tinker around with I'd love to experiment creating a adapter that allows the BLIS to be mounted externally on a special mount. I got a 3D printer, and laser cutter, I'm sure I could fashion some enclosure some mount if it were that simple.

Mas280

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I've been talking with Randy from UTE LTD about getting a flatbed on my XLT, and the big and really only issue is the BLIS taillight, as he said.

"Removing the tail light assembly will throw codes and alarms all over the place. Hopefully we will have a fix for that soon. In the mean time, nothing we can do. We will keep working on it. -Randy UTELTD"

If I had a spare taillight assembly to tinker around with I'd love to experiment creating a adapter that allows the BLIS to be mounted externally on a special mount. I got a 3D printer, and laser cutter, I'm sure I could fashion some enclosure some mount if it were that simple.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I have added three flatbeds to Rangers without any problems.

86B19401-1102-4945-A4D7-86924D1941BE.jpeg

587614F3-05F3-4202-9134-FCC864E82828.jpeg

5146D06B-E02C-40FD-B8F2-28A432BC6BD2.jpeg

80E4C3B5-001D-4D10-A823-88D714B7C4DC.jpeg
Those look good. Did any of the trucks have the LED tails that cause issues like mentioned above?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Not LED but I added LED lights. Why not just use led lights on the swap?
I think the issue is in the radar “sensors” in those taillights, the the LED lights themselves. I think they’d need to figure out how to mount those sensors somewhere else or find a way to disable them to stop the truck’s computer from thinking something is wrong.
Sponsored