Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Nice looking topper. This would be a great idea for hauling my doggo's too. And keep the hair out of the cab!

Would you mind posting a photo or three when you get the chance of the softopper in the stored position? I'd like to see how it fits on the truck and how much it covers the rear glass. Also, is it easy to remove completely from the truck and then subsequently reinstall?

Thanks!
I haven't even folded it up yet, haha. I'll try and do that one of these days and take a couple pictures.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadBoss

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good timing. I Finally found a reason to fold up the softtopper, had to pick up some trees from the garden store. Took all of 30 seconds to fold up. The canvas hangs into the bed a little bit, but overall it's very out of the way

IMG_20190927_170527062_HDR.jpg

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I've always been intrigued by softtoppers. I have a soft tonneau, but there are times where having the extra volume and still having the bed covered would be nice. I like the versatility and think they look kinda cool...but I'm wondering how it would work and hold up on just a day-to-day basis. Any issues daily driving? Noise/vibrations, degraded fuel economy or any concerns with durability? Also, how's the dust and water intrusion? (assuming you've had time to notice these things?)

Truck looks great BTW :thumbsup:

glh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 supercab, 2019 Ford Edge ST
I loved my softopper, had on 2007 and 2011 F150, waiting for them to come out with one for the super cab.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
What I'd like to do is be able to take the Back window out and drop the Top flat down over the bed like a Soft Tonneau when I don't need the extra space of when it's raised up. Just a thought.

OP
OP
RoadBoss

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
but I'm wondering how it would work and hold up on just a day-to-day basis. Any issues daily driving? Noise/vibrations, degraded fuel economy or any concerns with durability? Also, how's the dust and water intrusion? (assuming you've had time to notice these things?)
so far its been great, no issues with durability everything still works great, and I carry my dog around at least twice a week, in and out the back several times, and at least a corner rolled up for him to stick his head out. I haven't noticed any wear at all including the snaps and buckles and velcro and zippers and everything. No noticeable wind noise or vibrations including on the highway, as long as you latch everything up properly - one day I unsnapped a corner and forgot to roll it up/buckle it, and it started flapping around a little on the highway, but that was user error.

haven't noticed any water intrusion in a couple pretty heavy rains so far. I'd imagine a few drops could get in the front corners in a monsoon as the front corners aren't perfectly sealed with the weird shape of the ranger's bed.
dust is hard to tell because the bed of my truck is usually pretty dirty as I use it a lot, and I also have had the sides rolled up quite often.

also I should mention a friend of mine has had one on his tacoma for I think 3 years now and still loves it. I was picking his brain about it before I bought mine, and he had nothing but good things to say about it.

mbergthold

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x (formerly)
Occupation
Retired
8B8C4844-12AF-4993-821F-205C8073A499.jpeg
This is my 2nd Softtopper, will go with truck when I sell it in a few months, total restomod. First was black for a 2004 Chev 2500HD crew/longbed Duramaxx/Allison. I was checking to see if it was out for the Ranger yet, ran across this thread. Yes, these are awesome! Con is you can’t lock it, but in the PacNW not a problem. Had it packed full when moving from CA to WA. It comes with a cover that slips over the collapsed rack, on or off the truck.

stinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger blue Lariat
I really liked the one I had on my Frontier. Wasn't noisy in the wind, kept things mostly dry (I would feel comfortable sleeping under it) and it enabled me to easily haul soil and compost by folding it down.

Take down is quick and easy, but putting up takes a bit longer and it greatly helps to have two people. One to push down on the bars on top and then someone (my wife) would go along quickly snapping them all without fighting the tension of the assembly and fabric.

I don't think I'll get one for my ranger, as I have other plans for this truck since it is no longer a daily driver work truck.

IMG_20181118_141555.jpg

IMG_20190622_171221.jpg

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
....And I see by their website it's now available for the Supercab's 6 ft bed

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
Wow, super expensive but nice

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I received my Softtopper a week ago. It's cool. This isn't a Overland grocery getter. It's a work truck (grocery getter). The Adrian Steel ladder rack was adapted to fit. With under 2k miles it's pulled a trailer, trade materials loaded in the bed and purchases strapped to the rack. The Softtopper keeps my tools out of the elements if they can't fit in the Decked drawers.

IMG_20200117_091214.jpg

Last edited:

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Recieved today.......I waited till it was available as I had one on a previous truck

20200117_161841.jpg
Is it noisy on the road?
Sponsored