Not Again

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
So after 2.5 weeks in service for a truck that didn't even make it home from the dealership after purchase (Bad pin in harness,) i got it back yesterday afternoon.

This evening, took it for a drive and See Manual light come on and it felt like it went into limp mode. Then it seemed to clear. Came to a stop and tried to take off and it roared but wouldn't move. turns out all i had was 7th gear.

Got to a place where i could park it. Turned it off, then back on and it seemed fine. No check engine light. Took it for a drive and in less than a 1/4 mile it started doing the same thing.

I've probably got less than 100 miles on the truck and have had it a total of 2 days since i bout it on the 17th of Aug.

Lol, i've had 2 loaner Rangers in the meantime and both have been decent except for the crappy brake pedal feel.

Have you folks had luck contacting Ford service thru a Twitter DM?
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
So after 2.5 weeks in service for a truck that didn't even make it home from the dealership after purchase (Bad pin in harness,) i got it back yesterday afternoon.

This evening, took it for a drive and See Manual light come on and it felt like it went into limp mode. Then it seemed to clear. Came to a stop and tried to take off and it roared but wouldn't move. turns out all i had was 7th gear.

Got to a place where i could park it. Turned it off, then back on and it seemed fine. No check engine light. Took it for a drive and in less than a 1/4 mile it started doing the same thing.

I've probably got less than 100 miles on the truck and have had it a total of 2 days since i bout it on the 17th of Aug.

Lol, i've had 2 loaner Rangers in the meantime and both have been decent except for the crappy brake pedal feel.

Ugh.

Time for a replacment truck from ford

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Never tried Twitter, I did have good luck with a phone call.... my issue was the bed liner did not comes with the correct rails, not really a mechanical issue.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

Hmm...I smell lemon law here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That sucks! Sorry you're having so much trouble with your new truck. I would call Ford corporate first thing Monday morning and ask to speak with a supervisor and explain the issues you're having with your truck. Tell them you spent a lot of money for a truck you can't even drive and you wold like a replacement. If you have the patience (I wouldn't) and want to let them continue to diagnose whats wrong with your truck I would at least tell them you expect them to add an extended warrantee (for free) because now you don't trust that this truck will not have future problems. Heck if you financed through Ford Credit I'd even try and have them take a few payments off,you're paying for a truck you can't even drive.

I had an issue with my Tacoma from day one and long story short went this route and they added a 7/100,00 free warantee to my truck. Be persistent just not a A'hole and they should take care of you. Last thing they want is a bunch of people bashing a new run truck. Good luck!

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
Definitely file a claim with Ford on this. They will take care of a payment for you. They did for me, although they have to wait until the issue is resolved before they can process the payment assistance. They also will give you a complimentary ESP after the issue is resolved. Lemon law may vary by state, but in Arizona it’s either 4 attempts or 30 consecutive calendar days in the shop. Unfortunately your clock starts over on the 30 days since you’re on attempt 2 :(

Definitely suggest they look at the harness under the fuse box under the engine compartment/behind the headlight. My issue took an FSE to find a short in that area before it was resolved. Good luck!

OP
OP
Sabasigh

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have/HAD an appt tomorrow to drop the truck off for $3k worth of PPF/Ceramic/Tint...the whole works.

Imagine the dealer will go right back to that crap harness that they just fixed the pin on for the taillights...maybe they'll find something, maybe not. I know there's a bunch of Rangers on here with no issues but damned if i can trust this or really any Ranger to not leave me stranded.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I have/HAD an appt tomorrow to drop the truck off for $3k worth of PPF/Ceramic/Tint...the whole works.

Imagine the dealer will go right back to that crap harness that they just fixed the pin on for the taillights...maybe they'll find something, maybe not. I know there's a bunch of Rangers on here with no issues but damned if i can trust this or really any Ranger to not leave me stranded.
Just to verify here, I certainly hope you cancelled the appointment to install 3K worth of items to a vehicle which is having issues, safety issues I might add.

The 2020 Lariat SuperCab I've on order will be purchased using Ford's X-Plan pricing program.
A condition of this plan with regards to warranty disputes states:

• "X-Plan customers are required to arbitrate warranty-related disputes via the Dispute Resolution Program (DRP) before initiating or proceeding with legal action. Failure to seek resolution of warranty-related disputes via the DRP before initiating legal action may result in the suspension of Purchase Plan privileges for sponsor and/or company.
    • The Dispute Resolution Program (DRP) process is a cost-free program available to owners or lessees of qualifying Ford Motor Company and Lincoln Motor Company vehicles. The program is independently owned administered by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Service or product performance complaints involving Ford and Lincoln cars, vans, sport utilities and light trucks, which are within the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, are eligible for DRP review. The Warranty Guide provided with all new Ford and Lincoln vehicles at delivery contains important information about customer assistance and the Dispute Resolution Program. For more information about the program, call the
      BBB Auto Line at 1-800-428-3718, or the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-
      392-3673.
    • Failure to seek resolution of warranty-related disputes via the DRP process before initiating legal action may result in the suspension of Purchase Plan privileges (as noted
      under "What if a Customer Ignores the Conditions?")."
I certainly do not want to "jinx" myself or the vehicle by even considering the possibility of such a situation arising such as you are now experiencing, unfortunately.

Tomorrow morning I'll contact the Hawaii State Department of Consumer and Commerce affairs about this requirement and how it might affect initiating a Lemon Law claim, should the dispute escalate to that point.

Just covering my bases.

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Co

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
After my truck spent 1 month out of the first 4 I owned it in the shop, I contacted Ford Customer Care. I did so after my service advisor told me about the Ford Buy Back program. I also had done research on Lemon Laws in my state. Under N.C. law if my car has been out of service for more than 20 days I’m am entitled protections under the law. Ford has agreed to resolve the issue and they are supposed to call me this week with an offer to either buy me out directly or replace it with a new (extract) vehicle. I am electing a straight buy out until the Ford Ranger gets past these first year issues. I understand SHOULD be offered all of my down payment back, taxes/tags/etc, out of pocket dealer add one and at least one months payment back.

Ranger hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
I do feel your pain. I saw something thru this thread in regards to the brakes I have a issue with mine where they feel very mushy or soft most of the time and was wondering if Anyone else is or has experienced this with their 2019 ranger .

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm...I smell lemon law here.
Yep. I could never feel comfortable with that truck even if the problem was said to be fixed.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I do feel your pain. I saw something thru this thread in regards to the brakes I have a issue with mine where they feel very mushy or soft most of the time and was wondering if Anyone else is or has experienced this with their 2019 ranger .
There is another thread on this where I recommend you bed in your brakes. It might take several times but it seems to help quite a bit. From 30 mph, hit your brakes hard...repeat this three times in a row but on the last application, do not hit the brakes again. Let it cool for 30 minutes. Repeat this process a few times and see if it helps.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Sabasigh

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comedy of errors today. Thought i would do an "E-request" for towing while @ the house before making the 30 min drive to the truck. Nope, kept getting this:
Ford pass.jpg

Long story short, tow company took it to wrong dealer, selling dealer arranged for a tow to get it to them...whole day wasted.

There is another thread on this where I recommend you bed in your brakes. It might take several times but it seems to help quite a bit. From 30 mph, hit your brakes hard...repeat this three times in a row but on the last application, do not hit the brakes again. Let it cool for 30 minutes. Repeat this process a few times and see if it helps.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
So i ended up getting back the loaner Ranger from last week. Still got my XM presets lol which is nice. Same crap brake pedal feel. My Ranger has a decent brake feel...but i its only got 89 miles on it so not like i've used the brakes that much....sigh

OP
OP
Sabasigh

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to verify here, I certainly hope you cancelled the appointment to install 3K worth of items to a vehicle which is having issues, safety issues I might add.
Oh yeah. Even my sales rep is like "You know, lets hold off on the LineX & hitch in case we need to swap you out."

Honestly, i would almost prefer the bugs worked out on this one as opposed to another that may have its own issues.
Sponsored