svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
lol no kidding on those Tacos... I don't get it, but for some reason people really like Toyota over here. My wife once purchased a Toyota, and well, the experience with Servco in Waipahu was a "once but never again" situation. Lots of empty promises.
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
lol no kidding on those Tacos... I don't get it, but for some reason people really like Toyota over here. My wife once purchased a Toyota, and well, the experience with Servco in Waipahu was a "once but never again" situation. Lots of empty promises.
Unfortunate, but true.
Servco has always had a monopoly on the Toyota line here,
Salesman at Mapunapuna location had an incredibly sarcastic and cavalier attitude when I accompanied a family member who was looking to buy a Camry 2-3 years ago.
I stood up and told him EXACTLY what he could do all the Toyota's on the lot.
Family member bought an Accord instead.

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Everything from pamalu truck and bedliner in kalihi. Highly recommend

20190921_182242.jpg

20190905_131640.jpg

20190905_131904.jpg

20190905_131631.jpg

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks, but she (Pamalu) did my '05 Silverado, the coating started to peel from the tailgate after 3 years. She redid the entire gate ok but the left front corner of the bed started to peel shortly after. The truck got stolen so I could not take it back.
Decided to go with HI Spray Liners in Kapolei when the truck does get here.

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but she (Pamalu) did my '05 Silverado, the coating started to peel from the tailgate after 3 years. She redid the entire gate ok but the left front corner of the bed started to peel shortly after. The truck got stolen so I could not take it back.
Did you go back once a year for touch up?

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 years till it started to peel... to me that’s awesome. Besides the bed liner, seat covers, tint, floor mats and rain guards. I saved almost a grand if I were to go elsewhere. Customer service is where I will spend my money. Life time warranty is there so don’t see where you have a problem there

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
3 years till it started to peel... to me that’s awesome. Besides the bed liner, seat covers, tint, floor mats and rain guards. I saved almost a grand if I were to go elsewhere. Customer service is where I will spend my money. Life time warranty is there so don’t see where you have a problem there
My LineX in my last Ranger was 14 years old and other than a small gouge on the tailgate (which was my fault and I never got repaired because it was so small), it never peeled or anything. I hauled a LOT of stuff in that truck - Rocks, dirt, barkdust, gravel, wood, firewood. If I only got 3 years out of a spray in before it started peeling, I wouldn't be happy.

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My LineX in my last Ranger was 14 years old and other than a small gouge on the tailgate (which was my fault and I never got repaired because it was so small), it never peeled or anything. I hauled a LOT of stuff in that truck - Rocks, dirt, barkdust, gravel, wood, firewood. If I only got 3 years out of a spray in before it started peeling, I wouldn't be happy.
i think its all about how the bed is prepped. the material should be pretty much the same i would think

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
The liner I have in my bed is also from Pamalu, the dealer got it for me when we got the truck. I do love the job they did on it, but judging from what I've seen in a video where they tried to remove LineX, I do feel Pamalu is subpar in comparison. When I installed my bed cover, I needed to remove some of the material, and it came off way too easy in comparison. I also have the necessary scratches in it already from a piece of metal that sat below a couch, I kind of didn't expect that to happen so quickly.

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The liner I have in my bed is also from Pamalu, the dealer got it for me when we got the truck. I do love the job they did on it, but judging from what I've seen in a video where they tried to remove LineX, I do feel Pamalu is subpar in comparison. When I installed my bed cover, I needed to remove some of the material, and it came off way too easy in comparison. I also have the necessary scratches in it already from a piece of metal that sat below a couch, I kind of didn't expect that to happen so quickly.
Hmmm. Well, my liner is brand new so I can’t comment on how good it is but my experience with service was spot on. With all that the gf and I purchased, I saved almost 1 grand

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Matt, you have got to be kidding me here when you say that it took as much as 3 years before the coating started to peel, is that to say that one can expect it to start doing so within a years time? Should I consider myself lucky that the lining decided to part company with my Chevy's tailgate after a whopping 3 years?
Lava Lining (Pamalu's ex) did my 2000 Ranger when it was new back in December 1999, to this day it has not given me issues at all, including peeling, I still own the truck.
I only went with Pamalu for my Chevy to try another vendor, I already mentioned the issues I had with their work.
True, surface prep is vital in expecting the coating to adhere, for what it is worth I went with a friend this past June to watch Hawaii Spray In Linings do his '19 F-350's bed. We were able to wait while they did the service, I was very impressed with the entire operation from start to finish.
Cutter Ford does contract Pamalu for spray in linings, but I'll pass. The job will be done by Hawaii Spray In Linings, period.
I prefer a bedliner that is going to stay attached well in excess of 3 years at any cost.

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Matt, you have got to be kidding me here when you say that it took as much as 3 years before the coating started to peel, is that to say that one can expect it to start doing so within a years time? Should I consider myself lucky that the lining decided to part company with my Chevy's tailgate after a whopping 3 years?
Lava Lining (Pamalu's ex) did my 2000 Ranger when it was new back in December 1999, to this day it has not given me issues at all, including peeling, I still own the truck.
I only went with Pamalu for my Chevy to try another vendor, I already mentioned the issues I had with their work.
True, surface prep is vital in expecting the coating to adhere, for what it is worth I went with a friend this past June to watch Hawaii Spray In Linings do his '19 F-350's bed. We were able to wait while they did the service, I was very impressed with the entire operation from start to finish.
Cutter Ford does contract Pamalu for spray in linings, but I'll pass. The job will be done by Hawaii Spray In Linings, period.
I prefer a bedliner that is going to stay attached well in excess of 3 years at any cost.
Sorry for your experience. Like I said, their customer service is what I pay for. Guess I’ll know in 3 years if the liner was crap

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry for your experience. Like I said, their customer service is what I pay for. Guess I’ll know in 3 years if the liner was crap
No need to feel sorry for me at all, it's all a part of life's experiences.
True, customer service is a very important consideration in any major purchase.
However, quality of the product is my top priority.
You'd never see me buy a Yugo despite the excellent reputation of their customer service, if that woeful excuse for a car was still around.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Kinda glad you guys talked about bedliner, though I was already set on the kapolei location since I live up the road. But I will say a peel after 3 years isn't so bad considering the lifetime warranty and good customer service, plus all those accessories available there that to me is a big bonus, I'm big on one stop shops lol.

Odd question would you color match your bedliner with your truck, or at least close to color match it? I haven't seen it done just wondering if it's a good idea, I've heard they offer colors.

OP
OP
808matt

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda glad you guys talked about bedliner, though I was already set on the kapolei location since I live up the road. But I will say a peel after 3 years isn't so bad considering the lifetime warranty and good customer service, plus all those accessories available there that to me is a big bonus, I'm big on one stop shops lol.

Odd question would you color match your bedliner with your truck, or at least close to color match it? I haven't seen it done just wondering if it's a good idea, I've heard they offer colors.
Never knew you could get a custom color spray and yes, a one stop shop is why I recommend that place. They literally have just about every truck accessory you’ll need
Sponsored