Hood alignment

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
When I bought mine, the salesman said the body shop would take care of the hood overhang the first time I brought it in. Took in and they came back and said its "with-in spec" and aren't going to touch it. Not sure why I even bothered.:facepalm:
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought mine, the salesman said the body shop would take care of the hood overhang the first time I brought it in. Took in and they came back and said its "with-in spec" and aren't going to touch it. Not sure why I even bothered.:facepalm:

Yep, it seems 'the specs' are different than most imports.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I took mine to Ford and they said they looked at it and confirmed it is not aligned to the grill / fenders. However, they also said there are no real adjustments they can make. They loosened bolts and it moved a little, so it's slightly better. But they said they would have to replace the hood hinges, which is not covered. They told me mine was in spec too, so anything else they did would cost me $$

I'm very disappointing with the quality and attention to detail, or I should say the lack of.

If I knew what I know today back when I purchased my truck, I likely would not have selected this truck. At least the F-150 is solid and I would have gone that route.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
they will tell you to take delivery and their auto body shop will adjust the hood. Then after they look at it, they will tell you that it's in spec and to live with it, and no adjustments are available. So, if you don't like the fact that our hoods are not aligned all that well, cancel your order and they should refund your deposit.

If I could do it all over again, I would have gone with the F150, which has none of the issues our Rangers have.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I believe it's more the exception than the rule. There are some who have misalignment, but many others that do not. My hood is fine.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I believe it's more the exception than the rule. There are some who have misalignment, but many others that do not. My hood is fine.
Does anyone remember Ford's advertising slogan from the seventies, "The closer you look, the better we look?"
Despite this, I still abhor GM and FCA products.
Just food for thought

Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have yet to take delivery of my ranger, as it is still in the build process. Reading comments on this forum, the one thing that bothers me the most is the hood alignment overhang. I am wondering that if and when it arrives, and if I have this overhang/alignment issue on that truck, if I can refuse to take delivery? Would I risk losing my deposit? I am not interested on spending $40K + on a truck that has such a visibly obvious fit and finish defect like this. I'd rather deal with the bigger F-150, than to look at this flaw every day. What do others think about this? Will Ford fix this issue, or are we forced to suffer with it and find our own solutions to fix this? I'm with PonyXpress on this one. I DO know now what he did not know then, and I will not select this truck if this issue isn't fixed. Any other thoughts?
Issue on a small number of trucks. Would be shocked if you had an issue. I took delivery on July 27. No alignment issues anywhere.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
they will tell you to take delivery and their auto body shop will adjust the hood. Then after they look at it, they will tell you that it's in spec and to live with it, and no adjustments are available. So, if you don't like the fact that our hoods are not aligned all that well, cancel your order and they should refund your deposit.

If I could do it all over again, I would have gone with the F150, which has none of the issues our Rangers have.
Issues YOUR Ranger had.

The majority have no issues.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I had hood issues and a bad injector. Those things got sorted. I flipping love driving my Ranger. I have not enjoyed a vehicle as much as this truck in a very long time.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Loosened a total of 6 10mm fender bolts, pulled fenders out and retightened. Took about 5 minutes and 1/4 of a beer. Panel gap is now perfect

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Loosened a total of 6 10mm fender bolts, pulled fenders out and retightened. Took about 5 minutes and 1/4 of a beer. Panel gap is now perfect
cool. How far were you able to pull the fenders out? Before and After pics? Did you have to pull both out, only one side?

I don't get why the dealership didn't do that for mine.

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Most people that have pointed it out to their dealer were told it was "in tolerance" for the specifications. It is hard to believe the goal is to be within tolerance instead of perfect but that is the reality.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing it's QC on the aluminum fender why it doesn't line up eith the stock holes as is. Once I saw the misalignment with the hood on both sides, I could not unsee it, and had to fix!
20190921_135234.jpg

I pulled mine out as far as they can go and retightened, it's much better now.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
cool. How far were you able to pull the fenders out? Before and After pics? Did you have to pull both out, only one side?

60E3276A-AA10-4E89-89B9-FE99D21AA23A.jpeg

This is the best pic I have showing previous panel alignment. I’m terrible about taking pics so I don’t have any after I straightened out, I’ll try to snap one this weekend after Ranger gets a bath.
Pulled out both fenders fully to inner edge of bolt slots, luckily for me no need to enlarge as some others have

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Mine could probably use a little pull, but not enough to really bother me. If anyone else noticed who has checked out my truck they didn’t mention it!
Sponsored