First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
i like it its just sometimes annoying when I park. Am I gonna turn it off just for that? nope. Will I remember to turn it off everytime i park? probly not.
I assumed you meant heavy traffic.:)
Regards

Last edited:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Well at least there's something good there. haha A heated steering wheel would definitely be something I would pay big bucks for. Since my hands are usually the things that take forever to warm up, if they ever even do sometimes.
Get yourself some heated motor cycle gloves 12v plug in cig lighter port. After market needs love too.

Deleted member 1634

Get yourself some heated motor cycle gloves 12v plug in cig lighter port. After market needs love too.
Might have to invest in something like that, yeah. Though I think the first thing will probably be better gloves. But yeah, heated gloves or a heated wrap for the wheel might be worth it.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I assumed you meant heavy traffic.:)
Regards
oh gotcha... No im one of the few that really likes it. I'm not like huge on green tech or anything I just think its cool and if I can save gas and the planet and it doesn't give me anxiety like it does most why not use it right?
I love when people say "just because you didn't create carbon doesn't mean it wasn't created" LMAO that's like saying I'm not gonna vote for the President because it won't make a difference!

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
I see Range Technology has an stop/start eliminator coming for Ford. I used their AFM disabler on my old Yukon and worked great. Not so much for gas mileage tho lol, but the V4 sounded rough.

2019-09-09_10-11-37.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Having just returned from three years in Europe, I can say that most newer vehicles over there auto stop/start and the Starters of batteries are not failing. I had it and found it useful in causing an extra couple seconds delay in starting after a light change. This is a safety feature that nobody even thought about. I rarely turned mine off. That is when I had my Ranger ;-)

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting on RAV to make cash offer.

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious what will happen in the long term with the stop start system turning the engine off after coming to a stop with a hot engine?
If I hard drive I just put it in sport mode, push the button to deactivate it, or idle in neutral

sandog

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If it looks like I'll just be stopped a few seconds when I roll up to a light, I just apply enough brake pressure to keep from creeping forward, and the A/S/S will not turn off the engine.
Press harder on the brake pedal if you want A/S/S.

That's all there is to it, no hate, nightlights or Forscan. If the A/S/S really bugged me I'd just turn it off on the multifunction display between the gauges.

Heavy Honolulu traffic and you don't want the A/S/S ?
The heavier the traffic, and the more stoplights, the more I'd want A/S/S.
It's out in the country where it's not needed.

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
That's all there is to it, no hate, nightlights or Forscan. If the A/S/S really bugged me I'd just turn it off on the multifunction display between the gauges.
You can't turn A.S.S. off in the dash display. That is a setting to stop the engine from shutting off automatically if left idling for too long, and is reset on at the next engine start.
Sponsored