Surfink

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pepper White Cooper S Clubman, 2019 Saber STX SuperCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Mirrors in the visors would be nice, it is in the build specs for all levels of trim in the passenger side visor. The build specs on ford.com also put a lumbar adjustment in the passenger seat... Both of these items are on the web page for standard feature description, but not on the trucks..
Sponsored

Last edited:

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
1. A bigger sunglass holder.
2. Power sliding bigger rear window.
3. Power moonroof.
4. Rear seats that fold flat with a hard deck.
5. Pre-wired switches for things like lights, winch, compressor. . .
6. Auto folding mirrors with the "reverse" function.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I dont want anything that I dont have. Please Ford if you succumb to these whims make them stand alone options only. Thanks.:clap:
I agree.

Shadowranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger and 2013 Volkswagen passat
Occupation
Owner and operator Xplicit wraps
I'm pretty satisfied with everything in my lariat fx4 crew cab except definitely would have been great to have the 6 foot bed.

Shadowranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger and 2013 Volkswagen passat
Occupation
Owner and operator Xplicit wraps
6 foot bed in the crew cab plus a 6 speed manual transmission. Also a turbo diesel engine option would have been super awesome, and not just in the highest trip, but as an option on any configuration.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I think people sometimes overestimate the value of a front locker and underestimate that of terrain management. The more I use TM the more impressed I am with it.
My Jeep had less clearance and smaller tires, but quite literally could go over up and through literally anything it had clearance for, with a rear locker, skid plates, 4low. The Ranger FX4 is actually pretty damn stacked, stock! Long travel Fox shocks as an upgrade and it's at ZR2 and Tacoma TRD Pro level in terms of flex. Not that you need flex with a locker and terrain / traction management. Three wheeling is literally no issue with a locker. The front lockers and other high end off road features of the ZR2s and Rubicons like front locker are great but the actual terrain those would make or break successful passage on are not something anyone will ever be attempting to cross, or arguably doesn't exist anyway.

The only complaint I can think of on this truck is that the power folding mirrors only work with the ignition on, nor are they automatic. No fold flat back seat is also a minor gripe but they will address that in the refresh no doubt.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Mirrors in the visors would be nice, it is in the build specs for all levels of trim in the passenger side visor. The build specs on ford.com also put a lumbar adjustment in the passenger seat... Both of these items are on the web page for standard feature description, but not on the trucks..
You should have got the XLT, it has both lumber adjustments (manual or power seats) and a visor mirror on each side.

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
I picked up the Lariat Supercab because I wanted the 6ft bed (I agree, this should be available on the SuperCrew), heated power mirrors (power you can get on the other trims, not heated though odd in today's market),
Lariat gave me almost everything the Tacoma TRD OR had and more. It was missing the power sliding back window, at least it has a defroster, the Tacoma does not offer that, and it lacks the damped tailgate found on the Tacoma, and the auto up/down on both front windows. The Ranger Lariat is exactly what I wanted.

Last edited:

fah3

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Simple fixes for Ford
1. Include a real console tray instead of the toothpick holder currently provided
2. In my Supercrew, the pull tab to release the rear seat back is on the passenger side only. Add a release on the American driver side too. PIA to reach over or go around to get to the few items you can store back there. Also, any reason the rear, center seatbelt couldn’t release so the seat back could fold down further? It seems like the belt strap is the main restrictor. My MDX had a way to get the center seatbelt out of the way when not in use.

Nice to haves
1. Folding flat rear seat with hard top
2. 60/40 split rear
3. Auto up/down windows all the way around
4. Wireless Sync3
5. Tailgate dampener. This is b/c of kids. Pretty much goes like this...put your backpack, sports equipment, etc. in the bed...ok.....THUMP! Only a matter of time before one gets hurt. Live and learn I guess.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Simple fixes for Ford
1. Include a real console tray instead of the toothpick holder currently provided
2. In my Supercrew, the pull tab to release the rear seat back is on the passenger side only. Add a release on the American driver side too. PIA to reach over or go around to get to the few items you can store back there. Also, any reason the rear, center seatbelt couldn’t release so the seat back could fold down further? It seems like the belt strap is the main restrictor. My MDX had a way to get the center seatbelt out of the way when not in use.

Nice to haves
1. Folding flat rear seat with hard top
2. 60/40 split rear
3. Auto up/down windows all the way around
4. Wireless Sync3
5. Tailgate dampener. This is b/c of kids. Pretty much goes like this...put your backpack, sports equipment, etc. in the bed...ok.....THUMP! Only a matter of time before one gets hurt. Live and learn I guess.
I would hope all these things will be in the new Ranger in a couple of years. The rear seat for me I thought would have been a bigger issue, but in 5 months of ownership, it really hasn't been. More of a nuisance than a problem really.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I would hope all these things will be in the new Ranger in a couple of years. The rear seat for me I thought would have been a bigger issue, but in 5 months of ownership, it really hasn't been. More of a nuisance than a problem really.
I would agree. Don't disagree with the vast majority of the items referenced, and do agree that some items should/could be stand alone options in the future instead of standard by trim level.

However, the one thing that bothers me on a regular basis are the HVAC manual controls - they are so darned hard to see in the daytime. Yes, I know I could use the SYNC screen, but I keep that on Apple CarPlay, so I have to get back to the SYNC screen, and then to Climate. If there was some way that they could keep them backlit at all times, it would go a long way to helping.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Auto up and down windows is often considered a plus.
I am glad that the passenger side on mt STX does not have this feature.
I like to open my windows under the deflectors for ventilation.
That is difficult with the auto window which you have to wrestle with to get it to stop in the right place.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I would like to have an overhead storage area like my wife has on her van, seems to be plenty of hollow room between the headliner and the roof.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Power sliding rear window! That thing is useless without one as I'm not going to climb back there each time to open/close it.

Looks like the first company to come out with the tailgate damper is going to be bombed with orders...lol
Sponsored