Ford's spray in bed liner...not 100%

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
So, this is my 6th truck over the years. The last 4, I've had Linex as a bed liner. Love that stuff.

The Ford bed liner is nice but is lacking in thickness and complete coverage over Linex.

It doesn't completely cover the floor at the tailgate. Now, what reason would Ford have for not spraying that? That is the most abused spot in the entire bed that will be scratched. Come on guys.

Is there anything that will cover that vulnerable painted spot. I guess I could get a can of the Home Depot spray liner and mask and spray myself. Not sure if that would match but it's better than scratches and rust.

Just venting...I love the truck.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
So, this is my 6th truck over the years. The last 4, I've had Linex as a bed liner. Love that stuff.

The Ford bed liner is nice but is lacking in thickness and complete coverage over Linex.

It doesn't completely cover the floor at the tailgate. Now, what reason would Ford have for not spraying that? That is the most abused spot in the entire bed that will be scratched. Come on guys.

Is there anything that will cover that vulnerable painted spot. I guess I could get a can of the Home Depot spray liner and mask and spray myself. Not sure if that would match but it's better than scratches and rust.

I really don't know why they don't cover as all 3rd party vendors do.
I've looked at FORD factory spray-in liners and they never do, so I've decided to always get it done 3rd party at the local level prior to taking receipt of it as a dealer add on.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I've noticed the same, which is why I have a Line-X appointment for next Wednesday... which happens to be my wife's birthday. She didn't seem too enthused when I told her that's what she's getting for her birthday!

OP
OP
FX4Offroad

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Wonder if I can have linex sprayed on top of Ford's spray on. Hmmm

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Wonder if I can have linex sprayed on top of Ford's spray on. Hmmm
Even if you could, I don't think you'd want to. From what I've heard/read Line-X adheres much better than the Ford liner.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed the same, which is why I have a Line-X appointment for next Wednesday... which happens to be my wife's birthday. She didn't seem too enthused when I told her that's what she's getting for her birthday!
My wife had a small laugh (you know what that means) when I informed her that I bought myself a new gun for her birthday! LOL!

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase

I also do the 3rd party. More thorough with coverage and a lifetime warranty. Ford is only 3yrs/36k miles.

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan

I totally agree that you want the entire surface covered. I did a little investigation when considering which way to go as the exact truck I wanted was at the dealer with the factory liner. In my research it appeared they sprayed the liner on the assembly line and had no interest in pulling the end gate off to do a complete job. Also a shorter warranty. I decided to have the dealer find me the truck w/o the liner. Found one at a Michigan dealer within a week and drove it to Milwaukee and had LineX spray it.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Rhinoliner!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Rhinoliner!
Hi Todd,

Rhinoliner was driven out of Arizona by our high temps in the summer...Did they change their product? Do not consider them until it is clear they can survive in 100° plus temps.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Hi Todd,

Rhinoliner was driven out of Arizona by our high temps in the summer...Did they change their product? Do not consider them until it is clear they can survive in 100° plus temps.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I know you are an expert on such things but according to there website designed to handle up to 190f. It's been almost 100 for many days here this summer here in dc no issues. I have no desire to live in Arizona although have been there many times and like it.I like the quality of the material and 100 percent comfortable with the lifetime warrantee,price as well as the installers were awesome. I would not dismiss rhinoliner based on the above.

langlais

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2019 xlt scab
The worst is that line x is cheaper than the ford one. My dealer told me to take the line x because of the price and for the fact I would get my new truck faster. Good decision!

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
The worst is that line x is cheaper than the ford one. My dealer told me to take the line x because of the price and for the fact I would get my new truck faster. Good decision!
My dealer send their trucks to our local Line-X, so when I got mine, they said they can do it for me. They gave me a price, and I called Line-X, and pretended I was going to bring it in, and they quoted the same price as the dealer would of charged me. So I told my dealer to go ahead and do it.

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My dealer send their trucks to our local Line-X, so when I got mine, they said they can do it for me. They gave me a price, and I called Line-X, and pretended I was going to bring it in, and they quoted the same price as the dealer would of charged me. So I told my dealer to go ahead and do it.
I also went through my dealer to get mine done. But our local linex place has special pricing for them. No way they would have given me their price.
Sponsored