First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sonographer
I've been reading that Walmart won't install oversized tires on our trucks. Stopped there today just to price some tires and the tech told me Walmart can install oversized tires on lifted trucks.

My advice: simply tell them your truck is lifted.
Sponsored

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
After everything i've read about the quality of walmart's technicians, I dont want any of them coming within 100 feet of my truck, let alone attempting to work on it.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Yeah I would be afraid to let their techs do anything on my truck. I dont even trust the Ford dealer.

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Yeah I would be afraid to let their techs do anything on my truck. I dont even trust the Ford dealer.
I'm gonna trust my dealer just for the first oil change, mostly because i dont feel like wrestling the factory filter off... I do also know one of their service reps, so i can get him to assign me good technicians.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna trust my dealer just for the first oil change, mostly because i dont feel like wrestling the factory filter off... I do also know one of their service reps, so i can get him to assign me good technicians.
And thats really the thing right. It comes down to the actual technician doing the work. If you know the guy does good work then I would feel much more comfortable trusting my vehicle to them. But if not then you run the chance of someone cutting corner where you might not. For example, my brother bought a new F-150 3.5 Ecoboost and had his first oil change done at the dealer. When he went to do his second oil change, he found that they hadn't even put all of the bolt back into the skid plate. They put about 50% in and called it good. Stuff like that would just drive me crazy.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
After everything i've read about the quality of walmart's technicians, I dont want any of them coming within 100 feet of my truck, let alone attempting to work on it.
WalMart in our area uses a suction tube down the dipstick hole to evacuate the oil... no thanks.

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
WalMart in our area uses a suction tube down the dipstick hole to evacuate the oil... no thanks.
What, you mean you dont want sludge in your engine? :LOL:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I heard that Walmart is stopping sales of pistol ammo and not allowing legal carry...another gun free shoot em up place that I'll be avoiding..

Last edited:

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I heard that Walmart is stopping sales of pistol ammo and not allowing legal carry...another gun free shoot em up place that I'll be avoiding..
And this after all the years under Obama that they made money from it. Likely the largest arms dealer ever, Walmart is.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Bye by Kmart, Dicks, Walmart, Kroger, the cost of stupidity.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
And thats really the thing right. It comes down to the actual technician doing the work. If you know the guy does good work then I would feel much more comfortable trusting my vehicle to them. But if not then you run the chance of someone cutting corner where you might not. For example, my brother bought a new F-150 3.5 Ecoboost and had his first oil change done at the dealer. When he went to do his second oil change, he found that they hadn't even put all of the bolt back into the skid plate. They put about 50% in and called it good. Stuff like that would just drive me crazy.
I doubt the tech put it in half way and purposely left it at that.

There is a much better chance it either worked itself out, or it was an honest mistake.

Even the best tech in the world makes a mistake.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt the tech put it in half way and purposely left it at that.

There is a much better chance it either worked itself out, or it was an honest mistake.

Even the best tech in the world makes a mistake.
They put in 50% of the fasteners, meaning they just completely left some bolts out of the skid plate.
Sponsored