MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I have never had to wait three hours, let alone three weeks, for such basic services at my Delaware dealer. We can make appointments via the website or telephone, but the service advisers told me that for simple things like an oil change, I don't even need to do that--I can just show up at the Quick Lane, and they will work me in, which they always do! They have a nice waiting room, with two big screen televisions, Wifi, and complementary beverages; for longer tasks or major repairs, they offer shuttle service to (and from) home or work. Judging from my experience and members' comments, it seems that, generally speaking, service is much more dealer-specific than brand-specific. So don't give up on Ford service, just try some other local Ford, or even Lincoln, dealers.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
our best local dealer is the toyota place because they have free donuts in the waiting room :handsinair:

I managed to not let the donuts influence my purchase decision :whew:

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I have never had to wait three hours, let alone three weeks, for such basic services at my Delaware dealer. We can make appointments via the website or telephone, but the service advisers told me that for simple things like an oil change, I don't even need to do that--I can just show up at the Quick Lane, and they will work me in, which they always do! They have a nice waiting room, with two big screen televisions, Wifi, and complementary beverages; for longer tasks or major repairs, they offer shuttle service to (and from) home or work. Judging from my experience and members' comments, it seems that, generally speaking, service is much more dealer-specific than brand-specific. So don't give up on Ford service, just try some other local Ford, or even Lincoln, dealers.
That pretty much describes my dealer. Their Quick Lane used to be part of the service department. Now they've built a stand alone Quick Lane service center, and they're even better. Anything other than Quick Lane might require an appointment, but it's always a reasonable time frame.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I had a bad fuel injector which caused my Ranger to be out of commission for approximately three weeks after only owning it for five days. The delay was caused by the lack of parts. I reached out to Corporate and after many phone calls and a letter, Ford has gone out of their way to make me a satisfied customer. This story had a happy ending.

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
That pretty much describes my dealer. Their Quick Lane used to be part of the service department. Now they've built a stand alone Quick Lane service center, and they're even better. Anything other than Quick Lane might require an appointment, but it's always a reasonable time frame.
Quick lane has been good for me!

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Wife drives a Infiniti they have spring water. warm brownies ,and chips cookies for the kids .they have someone drive car curbside and open door for you !! And it’s cleaner than it was !!

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I like my Dealer quite a bit. I use them professionally on a daily basis and they take great care of us when me and the rest of our in house staff cant handle the work load, from time to time. Had an alignment done on my Ranger there (after a leveling kit install) and they did top notch work on the alighment. I usually hate sending my personal vehicles out for alighment because I'm pretty picky about my personal vehicles. I've had some bad experiences in the past with folks that "think" they're alighment techs. Was pleasantly relieved.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
First service dealer put in 5/20 lol they said oops ! they dumping it out now lmfao . Wasted oil and time EDITE (Tthey brought me into the shop to talk to the tech he stated he used proper 5w/30 as they follow the cap as service wrtiers don't know shit) his boss came over assuring me they dint use shit oil blaming the writer ,I left it at that .

Last edited:

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Wife drives a Infiniti they have spring water. warm brownies ,and chips cookies for the kids .they have someone drive car curbside and open door for you !! And it’s cleaner than it was !!
Do they have a 3 hour or longer wait like Toyota and some others?

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Do they have a 3 hour or longer wait like Toyota and some others?
nope !they actually give here a car if its busy during here scheduled time!! they are no joke (even replaced a 1300 cat at end of emissions warrantee period. and gave her back the 150 diagnose fee

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Actually I really like the Service Dept.at the dealer I bought from. They don't have a Quick Lane so I have to schedule oil change and similar maintenance but when I do come in for routine maintenance they are quick and do a good job. If the maintenance is going to be longer than an hour I get another vehicle to drive. The give my vehicles a "quickie" bath but I usually ask them not to do so because they don't dry, just wash but at least they make the effort. :)

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i know this is an old thread but i will bump it just to vent my frustration lol.
ford dealer service in my area is piss poor at best. sales at one or two is decent to good. a few of the ones i tried that were berkshire hathaway dealers were shady and slime.
car sales folks should love me. i dont tire kick. if i show up i know what i want and have intent to buy unless something is not right with the test drive or they piss me off. i always email first and tell them my deal. so when i step on the lot ive got a blank check ready to go. but the majority of sales people ruin things by tying to make all those extra bucks on every sale. i worked sales, i get it. its a numbers game. you win the game by moving inventory. i feel two types of car sales folks exist. ones that want to make every cent on each sale and finance the moon and stars for you and then the ones that know moving more inventory is where the money and dealer incentives are. i have walked away from cars i loved over 250 bucks and annoying or rude sales people. i found one guy that wasnt an ass hat, so i ought 3 new cars from him in five years. as for dealer service and warranty lol. sick jokes at best with ford. when i take the bmw in for service its a completely different world. no service writer bs, no bs over warranty coverage and they treat you like royalty. i know its a difference in brands and image but honestly my last ford mustang was not too much less then bmw suv. if ford could square away the dealers esp service id love them.
Sponsored