FORScan Modifications

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I seem to have set that option, and even after disabling it, I don't get horn honk, headlights, parking lights, interior lights, nothing when I lock/unlock with either the fob or the door locks. The only time the lights come on is if the truck is running, and I open the door.

Only time the horn honks is if I lock the doors and one (or more) of them is open. I think something gets out of "whack" with that option, so be careful...

Of course I could go back to the BCM or IPC backups that I took, but have no idea where I put...

Ive had the check box option on for a while but never used it. Shortly after my last Forscan change I jumped in the truck at night and nothing came on....weird, then I remembered this a the box had got checked somehow on the last update. Anyway once I unchecked it all was normal again, but it sounds like you did this and its still not right?
Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Hello folks,

Is there a way to turn the backup camera on to use as a rear view mirror? The small back window with that #@$%#$!@#$ sliding glass in the middle makes it hard to get a full view of the traffic coming up behind in dense traffic.
Thanks,
K.
This is a very handy feature to have. I had a switch in my Tacoma that would allow me to view the backup camera at any time, which I used multiple times per day. One of these days if I have the time I'll do some digging on the Ranger and see if it is a possibility.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Ive had the check box option on for a while but never used it. Shortly after my last Forscan change I jumped in the truck at night and nothing came on....weird, then I remembered this a the box had got checked somehow on the last update. Anyway once I unchecked it all was normal again, but it sounds like you did this and its still not right?
Correct, I "believe" that it's unchecked, maybe it got rechecked when they did some work at the dealership.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I seem to have set that option, and even after disabling it, I don't get horn honk, headlights, parking lights, interior lights, nothing when I lock/unlock with either the fob or the door locks. The only time the lights come on is if the truck is running, and I open the door.

Only time the horn honks is if I lock the doors and one (or more) of them is open. I think something gets out of "whack" with that option, so be careful...

Of course I could go back to the BCM or IPC backups that I took, but have no idea where I put...
I double-checked mine today and it works like it should when I enable and disable the Silent Mode check box option. If you can find the backup I'd reset it and try again.

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I made a few changes to my Ranger using the ForScan software. Very happy with the modifications. However, I have an appointment with the dealer to have them check out a clunk that occurs when I come to a complete stop, as well as a clunk when I accelerate from a complete stop. Do you all suggest that I set everything to as-built configuration before bringing it in? I don't want them to try blaming anything on those changes since this clunk was occurring prior to the ForScan mods. I'm thinking that the Raptor splash screen might be a red flag as soon as they enter the vehicle.

Also, can they view historical changes to these settings? Meaning, if I set everything to as-built settings, can they see that I was in there previously making changes?

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I've changed a lot using Forscan and wouldn't hesitate to take it in as is...can't see how any of the common settings would pose a risk. I'd make sure to have a backup though in case things got reset.

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
What exactly does the "Secure Start" option do?

My XLT does not have remote start, but I have purchased the module kit for it and need to know where to go in Forscan to enable/program it. Might anyone know where this is?

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What exactly does the "Secure Start" option do?

My XLT does not have remote start, but I have purchased the module kit for it and need to know where to go in Forscan to enable/program it. Might anyone know where this is?
nothing for those with physical keys, it stops you from taking the car out of park without the FOB in the car.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated.

Anyone know where to enable remote start in Forscan?
If it's not in the wiki at the top of this thread, then it hasn't been figured out yet. I did see some other threads talking about it, but you have to buy different keyfobs, and a different (bi-directional) transmitter module for the truck. I think it ends up dying because people quickly figure out they should have opted for factory remote start if they wanted factory remote start, and that aftermarket is 40x cheaper than trying to add it after the fact.

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it's not in the wiki at the top of this thread, then it hasn't been figured out yet. I did see some other threads talking about it, but you have to buy different keyfobs, and a different (bi-directional) transmitter module for the truck. I think it ends up dying because people quickly figure out they should have opted for factory remote start if they wanted factory remote start, and that aftermarket is 40x cheaper than trying to add it after the fact.
The kit I found is actually the OEM Perimeter Plus Security system. It has the shock and glass sensor and all that stuff, but also includes remote start. The install is super easy, mostly plug and play and uses existing keys (lock/unlock/lock) to start. Dealer says I should be able to program through Forscan, but understandably cannot say anything more. I'll be installing it on the 14th, guess we'll have to guinea pig this one=)
s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So let me clarify my statement. We have the capacity to change just about any feature, we just don't know what pieces of the config to change without a "before and after" as built. Once we have that, we can figure out exactly what to change. in order to turn on//off remote start, and enable the module.

idesi1

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Ignot Silver with 501A + Sport package
Sorry but i m new to this, have had VW-Audi vehicles with the VCDS cable but I am not sure what cable will be compabtible with the Ranger.
I would appreciate if anyone of u can advice on which cable to purchase.

TIA

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry but i m new to this, have had VW-Audi vehicles with the VCDS cable but I am not sure what cable will be compabtible with the Ranger.
I would appreciate if anyone of u can advice on which cable to purchase.

TIA
It's fairly simple, everything is available online or via youtube for instructions. I'd only trust the verified mods from this thread though. I bought my cable from Amazon for $30, works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT