BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the lettering and logos on the vents blacked out as well?
Yes, the lettering on both fender vents is blacked out too. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Ford dropped the ball by not blacking out the ovals on front and rear and blacking out the FX4. Fortunately, there are after market options for that :)
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! Blue was always my intent, but when the BAP was announced, I was all in and have no regrets choosing this color/pkg combo. LOVE this color and it looks even better with black decals.

As for MY20, the BAP is still available - the original fleet guide didn't have it and I had the same thought as you in that I'd be driving a little bit more unique Ranger. However, after the 12 Aug date when the order guides were released, it was revealed the BAP is still available for MY20.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2020-my-ranger-order-guide-fleet-preview.3841/
So the B.A.P. will live on after all! On the bright side, that means that we can look for a new B.A.P. in another generation of Rangers!

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up mine 2days ago!...now working on installing all the accessories
upload_2019-8-31_7-39-43.jpeg

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up mine 2days ago!...now working on installing all the accessories
upload_2019-8-31_7-39-43.jpeg
I believe yours is the first member-owned HPR BAP on here. Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The Hot Pepper Red looks good against the black....

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A little more black to my "black 'n' blue". A better shot of the new FX4 decals and I finally added the Go Rhino exhaust tip and painted the exhaust pipe. Ran out of time last night, so I still need to add the blacked out Ford oval and housing on the tailgate.

20190830_173910.jpg

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
A little more black to my "black 'n' blue". A better shot of the new FX4 decals and I finally added the Go Rhino exhaust tip and painted the exhaust pipe. Ran out of time last night, so I still need to add the blacked out Ford oval and housing on the tailgate.

20190830_173910.jpg
The new FX4 decal is a big improvement over the factory one. What brand paint did you use on the tailpipe?

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The new FX4 decal is a big improvement over the factory one. What brand paint did you use on the tailpipe?
Yah, I agree. That red just wasn't working with the BAP so it HAD TO GO! I love the new look. The paint is Krylon High Heat. It's meant for grills and fire pits. I got the idea to use this paint from the Go Rhino thread. If you go with it, make sure you have everything around the pipe covered and protect the ground - I had a lot of errant spray. Fortunately, I had what could be considered a spray booth around the pipe so I didn't get it anywhere I didn't want it...except my hands.:facepalm:

Edit: Here's the exhaust painted.

20190830_173831.jpg

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yah, I agree. That red just wasn't working with the BAP so it HAD TO GO! I love the new look. The paint is Krylon High Heat. It's meant for grills and fire pits. I got the idea to use this paint from the Go Rhino thread. If you go with it, make sure you have everything around the pipe covered and protect the ground - I had a lot of errant spray. Fortunately, I had what could be considered a spray booth around the pipe so I didn't get it anywhere I didn't want it...except my hands.:facepalm:
OK, Krylon would have been my first guess. The exhaust and tip look good.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OK, Krylon would have been my first guess. The exhaust and tip look good.
Thanks! After reading (and seeing pics) in the Go Rhino thread, I knew I was going to need to paint the exhaust. It really didn't look right leaving it stock after the tip was installed. The exhaust is just too visible on this truck with the back end the way it sits.

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, on the way up to TN to pick up my Ranger, I got passed by a new company- or state-owned Ranger (it had some sort of logo on the door). The back-end was so far up in the air, I almost turned around and came back to Marietta. I'm serious; I was thinking like, "what the heck?". I calmed down after a few miles after figuring they must have put air shocks on the back to facilitate hauling. Fortunately, that was the only Ranger I've seen with an extra high back-end.

I'm OK with the stock tail pipe for now, but might paint it and get an exhaust tip at some point.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, on the way up to TN to pick up my Ranger, I got passed by a new company- or state-owned Ranger (it had some sort of logo on the door). The back-end was so far up in the air, I almost turned around and came back to Marietta. I'm serious; I was thinking like, "what the heck?". I calmed down after a few miles after figuring they must have put air shocks on the back to facilitate hauling. Fortunately, that was the only Ranger I've seen with an extra high back-end.

I'm OK with the stock tail pipe for now, but might paint it and get an exhaust tip at some point.
Interesting. Yah, I don't see the back end being THAT bad. Besides, I'm thinking I'll put a leveling kit on at some point. Then it'll look perfect.